Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Poster Feedback Needed

mdalby
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Poster Feedback Needed

Any thoughts on improvements for this poster?

Desaturate the background more? Thoughts?

Option 1 - Helmet Logo

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:31 PM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #2 · Poster Feedback Needed

The yellow sweatshirt in the background bothers me a little but I like the background not being totally desaturated.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:34 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Poster Feedback Needed

I like it, Mark. I agree that the yellow sweatshirt is a distraction, so perhaps you can selectively desaturate it or even go black-and-white with it. The only other thing I notice is the reflections on the right side of the floor being relatively prominent, but that may be a result of looking too closely. I'm not a poster expert but I like the simplicity and the main image is a strong one.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:38 PM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #4 · Poster Feedback Needed

Thanks Russ. The reflection by the forward foot also bothers me. It kinda has a warped look on the floor.

Let me play with the desaturation a little in the background.

Thanks for the input.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:41 PM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #5 · Poster Feedback Needed

Any preferences?

Desaturated sweatshirt version

B&W background version (subtle difference)

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #6 · Poster Feedback Needed

The whole background bothers me. I wish there was a little intensity on the part of the students rather than them just chatting with each other.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Poster Feedback Needed

Can you add blur to the background and make it so you can't tell what they are doing? I like the overall simplicity of the design a lot.

Matt

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Poster Feedback Needed

Agree... BG spectators aren't helping, but I think you keep everything as is. Excessive blur will look too doctored.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #9 · Poster Feedback Needed

Thanks Russ, Matt and Paul. I am going to go with the desaturated vs the B&W background version. I appreciate the input

MD

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Poster Feedback Needed

Looks really nice, Mark. Try a slight lens blur to the bg and then darken it to taste...

Mar 21, 2013 at 02:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Poster Feedback Needed

Matt OHarver wrote:
Can you add blur to the background and make it so you can't tell what they are doing? I like the overall simplicity of the design a lot.

Matt

+1, Gaussian blur the BG some

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:28 PM
tjk60
• •
p.1 #12 · Poster Feedback Needed

I'd like to see a selective blur

Mar 21, 2013 at 07:44 PM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #13 · Poster Feedback Needed

I am away from my editing PC but I will do the blur tomorrow.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:38 AM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #14 · Poster Feedback Needed

Mark,
I have to agree with the majority use the desaturated background and lens blur to taste as Tom D mentioned. Don't be too heavy handed with it though. Nice work.
Billy-

Mar 22, 2013 at 05:03 AM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #15 · Poster Feedback Needed

I have added a little Gaussian blur...

Too much radius? Not enough? Thoughts? I don't like how it blurred the floor too. I guess I need to have a gradiant blur to just blur the stands. Let me look at that option.

Thanks guys!

MD

Mar 22, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Poster Feedback Needed

Tough one Mark. It could use more blur, but you don't want it looking unnatural. I'd try more, but definitely use a feathered selection (play with various feathering amounts) to leave sharpness under the player. After you create your selection, you might have to right-click>Transform Selection to stretch the top and side boundaries of the selection until they're beyond the frame edges (leaving the bottom of the selection where you need it).

Another way to go would be to look through your shots and find one with a better crowd, all looking your direction at the action, and lay it in there and do the blur thing to blend it in.

Mar 22, 2013 at 03:50 PM
DukeK
• •
p.1 #17 · Poster Feedback Needed

I like it except that I prefer the b&w background.

I would also add the year "2013" in small letters just under the school logo. I like having my posters dated for future reference.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:13 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #18 · Poster Feedback Needed

DukeK wrote:
I like it except that I prefer the b&w background.

I would also add the year "2013" in small letters just under the school logo. I like having my posters dated for future reference.

....and to help future sales. Always a nice reminder for mom and dad to add a new edition each year of junior's career.... Nice work Mark. That template works well for you. LIke Tom's suggestion about keeping the floor shiny and reflective.

Rick

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Poster Feedback Needed

Yea just select from the sideline to the stands for your blur. Maybe just half again as much as you blurred the last one...

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:15 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password