FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X
For a limited time, B&H Photo is offering 6% cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X.

With the current price of $6,729, you will be getting back over $400 in a form of Rewards for your next purchase.

EOS-1D X promotion at B&H photo

Mar 19, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

Cue the doom and gloom naysayers who will predict Canon's impending demise based on rebates for a recently announced camera, just like they did for the 5D3.

Mar 19, 2013 at 08:25 PM
rrxjon
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

11% decline in yen vs dollar this year, plus 5% late last year, should be knocking at least 10% off.

Mar 19, 2013 at 08:43 PM
mcbane

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

If you dont want to deal with the bonus points, you can get the camera for $6379 at profeel.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

Gotta rationalize that I got more that $400 worth of pleasurable use out of mine already.

Db

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

I'm surprised the big shops in the US still have the same price on the 1DX as when it was introduced. The 5D3 price is a lot lower than from the start. In other countries both the 1DX and 5D3 have a much lower price today than what they had from the start. Some other countries also sell the 1DX with a 10% lower price than those big US shops. even if their 5D3 prices are nearly the same as in US.
Of course it's nice to get $400 in a form of rewards for your next purchase. But a lower price is much better
The shops get the 1DX from Canon for a lower price today then they did when it was introduced at the market. (3 shop owners have told me that) And that's why they made the 1DX price $ 350 lower last month. And $ 200 lower before that around December.

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

I gotta say, I bought my 5D3 for $3500 and despite needing a 2nd 5D3 for a while vowed not to spend over $2500 for it. This came true in that I bought a refurb from Canon which is fine by me. Point being, Canon is pricing their gear astronomically when it first comes out and it'll end up crying wolf for them and biting them in the rear. Just look at the 24-70 mark II. There's absolutely no reason this lens should be north of $2000 at all. It doesn't even have IS. The constant Canon rebates are proof of these stupid games. Hey Canon! Spend more time developing ultra high quality sensors than marketing techniques!

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

cineski wrote:
Hey Canon! Spend more time developing ultra high quality sensors than marketing techniques!

You are going to love hearing that the 700D will still have the same 18MP APS-C sensor with just hybrid AF added. Whoopty friggin' doo

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM
SteveF
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

That is a good deal.

I was just looking through some lenses - many, after you add them to the cart, are selling for just a little more than the typical used price on the b&s board right now.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:04 AM
DONIV
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

cineski wrote:
There's absolutely no reason this lens should be north of $2000 at all. It doesn't even have IS.

worth every penny to me. the results are super sharp...prime quality if not very very very close consistently throughout the barrel. Contrast is i think the best period compared to any of the L series lineup. It will retain a super high resale value for a very long time. Many people got rid of their 24/35/50 primes after this lens.

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:13 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

DONIV wrote:
worth every penny to me. the results are super sharp...prime quality if not very very very close consistently throughout the barrel. Contrast is i think the best period compared to any of the L series lineup. It will retain a super high resale value for a very long time. Many people got rid of their 24/35/50 primes after this lens.

Then they didn't need those primes even before the new 24-70 lens arrived. Why buy those fast primes if you never use an aperture larger than f/2,8

Mar 20, 2013 at 09:28 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

DONIV wrote:

+1

This lens certainly worth the price... it even made some of my Zeiss primes redundant!

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

DONIV wrote:

Off-topic here, but it depends on the style of shooting, I can imagine the 24-70 makes sense for wedding photographers. Being excited about it and selling good primes? No way! I had a look at the new 24-70 lens in a camera store recently, and there was nothing which excited me, in fact I was so glad that I have the old version of the lens which has a much better built style. The new one is "plastic fantastic" for an unreal price tag. I don't see the new improvements as a justification for this kind of price. A zoom lens can never replace primes whatever people might want to think.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

retrofocus wrote:
A zoom lens can never replace primes whatever people might want to think.

Whatever you might want to think, you're not in a position to make that call for others. Too many factors go into each individual decision to make a generalization like yours even remotely accurate.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Then they didn't need those primes even before the new 24-70 lens arrived. Why buy those fast primes if you never use an aperture larger than f/2,8

+1. Logical reasoning Lars.

Db

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

retrofocus wrote:
A zoom lens can never replace primes whatever people might want to think.

mitesh wrote:
Whatever you might want to think, you're not in a position to make that call for others. Too many factors go into each individual decision to make a generalization like yours even remotely accurate.

It's worse than that. retrofocus reviewed the lens based on the high-strength plastic in the barrel, without making any photos and definitely without giving it a proper test and discounting all the online tests and accumulated experience showing the new lens has fabulous image quality. Apparently the image quality doesn't count for him when comparing to primes. What's up with that?

retrofocus wrote:
I can imagine the 24-70 makes sense for wedding photographers. Being excited about it and selling good primes? No way! I had a look at the new 24-70 lens in a camera store recently, and there was nothing which excited me, in fact I was so glad that I have the old version of the lens which has a much better built style. The new one is "plastic fantastic"

Materials science has advanced tremendously while retrofocus was not looking. Nor does he know the construction or metal behind the plastic weight-reducing sheath.

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Mr645
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

KEH is reliable and $6299 for the 1DX

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

cineski wrote:
Just look at the 24-70 mark II. There's absolutely no reason this lens should be north of $2000 at all. It doesn't even have IS.

Have you tried out the new 24-70 II? Or still using your slow 24-105 kit lens with that awesome IS? This is one of the sharpest lenses and an absolutely fantastic zoom. I do not want IS on this lens, IS is for amateurs and does nothing...unless you're shooting with a Canon super tele and since you're complaining about a $2k lens, I'm certain you don't own any glass like that.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

Mr645 wrote:
KEH is reliable and $6299 for the 1DX

I paid $5950 for mine, in August 2012. CPS Canada.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:30 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Over $400 cash back for the Canon EOS-1D X

jcolwell wrote:
I paid $5950 for mine, in August 2012. CPS Canada.

That was a fantastic price then. And it's still great. How much was the CPS discount ?

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.