New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

Howdy,

Does anyone have experience with the Wefoto Globe Trotter tripod by Benro?

It is suppose to handle up to 26 lbs.

Is the Ballhead any good?

Thank you kindly,

Larry

Edited on Mar 21, 2013 at 06:38 PM · View previous versions

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

The label is MeFoto, there's likely to be a bit of cost cutting in it relative to a regular Benro tripod. The major issue for me is that it has five leg sections which in my own bitter experience is one leg section too many. Also I think that one leg + the center column = an unstable monopod.

While I like Benro tripods in general I'm a bit leery of their heads despite the fact that they've improved them in the last few years. This model seems expensive too, I think I would just get a regular four leg section Benro travel tripod kit from mainland China. They are well made and durable.

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

peter_n wrote:
The label is MeFoto, there's likely to be a bit of cost cutting in it relative to a regular Benro tripod. The major issue for me is that it has five leg sections which in my own bitter experience is one leg section too many. Also I think that one leg + the center column = an unstable monopod.

While I like Benro tripods in general I'm a bit leery of their heads despite the fact that they've improved them in the last few years. This model seems expensive too, I think I would just get a regular four leg
...Show more
Thank you for your response, it's greatly appreciated.

The "Wefoto" was a typo. Dahhhh

Larry

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:37 PM
AHPZuazua
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

I was looking into this tripod when I saw a Video on Youtube with Will Crockett. After checking them out a Calumet, its not what I was looking for. I wan a Tripod with the Center Column can rotate also not just be reversible, such as Oben AC-2320LA or the Manfrotto 055 series.
Anyone else have suggestions:
Ive looked at these but havent purchased yet. Almost bought one here on the forum but seller stated was too busy to send pictures then said will send pics if I commit to the sale.. What is wrong with people?
Oben 2320 with BC-1 Head
Manfortto 055XProB and the Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head
Benro A2970F and I'll find a Ball Head

Mar 23, 2013 at 06:49 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

The Manfrotto 492, 494, 496 and 498 all have a phenolic resin ball. Phenolic resin is a plastic normally used for pool balls, so it is pretty darn tough. Nevertheless, a metal ball would inspire more confidence in the head's durability. You need to move up to the Manfrotto 054, 055 or 057 series for the larger magnesium ball. At that point you're stating to dip into Sunwayfoto head territory and might do better with a FB-36 for about the same price as a plain 054 (no clamp).

The Gitzo Explorer series have a center post that can be tilted and extended to clear the legs for macro and copy work. But they're pricy. The Manfrotto 190 and 055 tripods with the Q90 center post are sorta the poor man's version of the Explorer. I love being able to shoot straight down without the legs being in the way.

AHPZuazua wrote:
I was looking into this tripod when I saw a Video on Youtube with Will Crockett. After checking them out a Calumet, its not what I was looking for. I wan a Tripod with the Center Column can rotate also not just be reversible, such as Oben AC-2320LA or the Manfrotto 055 series.
Anyone else have suggestions:
Ive looked at these but havent purchased yet. Almost bought one here on the forum but seller stated was too busy to send pictures then said will send pics if I commit to the sale.. What is wrong with people?
Oben 2320 with BC-1 Head
Manfortto and the Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head
Benro A2970F and I'll find a Ball Head
...Show more

Mar 24, 2013 at 05:35 AM
AHPZuazua
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod by Benro

Hey thanks. Bought the Manfrotto 055xProB felt sturdy and just right for the 1D body with 70-200mm L.
Thanks, will post pics later

Mar 26, 2013 at 04:13 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.