Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

MP79
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

Does anyone here use FastPictureViewer Professional (link) for image viewing and culling? If so, what are your impressions of it? Please also note that I'm especially interested to know how it compares to other similar software such as BreezeBrowser Pro or Photo Mechanic.

Mar 19, 2013 at 01:58 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

Download it and give it a trial run ... nothing to lose.

I've used an earlier version before and liked it well enough (especially the dual 100% / custom % mouseclick), but can't compare it to the others. My workflow doesn't involve a lot of culling, and after I picked up LR4, it was suitable for my infrequent comparative/culling needs ... but if you need the speed ... give it a go.

Mar 19, 2013 at 02:45 PM
Mike Pearson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

Like RustyBug said, take the free trial. I've had it as my main viewer for 2 or 3 years and have used it for culling on occasion. I haven't felt the need for anything else, but then my needs are simple. It has all kinds of abilities I have never used. You might want to check out their "help and tutorials" section to see what all it can do. One thing I can tell you for sure is that they are constantly adding abilities. It seems like at least twice a week they have an update to add or improve something - almost always somethng I don't use....

Oh! Note that the license is good for use on two computers. I have a copy on my desktop and a copy on my laptop for use on trips. It is great for viewing and judging quality while on the road.

Mar 20, 2013 at 05:32 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

Mike Pearson wrote:
Like RustyBug said, take the free trial. I've had it as my main viewer for 2 or 3 years and have used it for culling on occasion. I haven't felt the need for anything else, but then my needs are simple. It has all kinds of abilities I have never used. You might want to check out their "help and tutorials" section to see what all it can do. One thing I can tell you for sure is that they are constantly adding abilities. It seems like at least twice a week they have an update to add or
...Show more

+1 @ laptop use

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:25 PM
MP79
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

Thanks for the info guys. I was more curios than anything else as I constantly see the update notices for the program on filehippo.com but had never heard it mentioned here or on other forums.

I might just try it out even though I currently have no needs in this area that aren't already being met by other programs.

Mar 21, 2013 at 03:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

Try this one:

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

I no longer have any Windows machines, but when I did, this was what I used for fast viewing/culling. It's free, and reads all formats.

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:38 AM
philhill

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

If you have a calibrated display you might be disappointed. Otherwise it's very nice.

Mar 23, 2013 at 08:58 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

dcains wrote:
Try this one:

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

I no longer have any Windows machines, but when I did, this was what I used for fast viewing/culling. It's free, and reads all formats.

Except it won't read Kodak's .dcr raw files ... as if there are more than three of us still using a Kodak body.

Mar 23, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone use FastPictureViewer Professional software?

philhill wrote:
If you have a calibrated display you might be disappointed. Otherwise it's very nice.

Not true, You can select the calibration .icm in the options menu.

I use it when I don't wish to bother with processing when first importing images.

Very fast and displays most raw formats and selects with the mouse wheel.

Mar 26, 2013 at 05:43 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password