Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sirui L-10 tilt head not bad

tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sirui L-10 tilt head not bad

I was looking at the Kirt and the RRS site for a tilt head that uses the manfrotto tilt head with their clamp but they don't have them any longer. They have the new design that looks awesome but for $260 plus I just can't do it. So I looked around and found the Sirui L-10 works like the RRS and Kirt tilts at more than half the cost. Well I got it today and wow I am impressed very nice head, I had the Sirui monopod so I wasn't worried about it not being good.

Mike

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM
cebseb
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sirui L-10 tilt head not bad

I was looking at that model as well. Are you able to separate the clamp part from the actual tilt portion? For example, I want to be able to replace the clamp with a Kirk or rrs version or perhaps reorient the clamp by rotating it 90 degrees.

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:21 AM
Chris B.
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sirui L-10 tilt head not bad

Although I already have a RRS monopod head which IMHO is really the Ferrari of monopod heads, I needed a smaller one for another use. Initially I looked at the Sirui at my dealer but I didn't like the orientation of the clamp as it it came from the factory and wanted to re-orient it. My dealer and I tried to loosen the screw holding the clamp to the rest of the mount, and it was incredibly tight... probably torqued down by a machine with a lot of force. We never did get it to loosen, so I didn't buy it and instead bought the Kirk. Cheaper than the RRS but still very nicely engineered. There's a guy who sells on eBay: Hejnar Photo who makes some exceptionally well produced items in the Kirk, RRS vein and I'm pretty sure he makes a monopod head.

Mar 21, 2013 at 01:07 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sirui L-10 tilt head not bad

I use the RRS MH-01 tilt head for heavy lenses, and I have a little Manftotto 3232 tilt head on a light weight monopod for travel. It works great.

I agree that Hejnar makes great stuff. He's eBay member krosno65 and he does make a monopod head,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monopod-Head-kirk-markins-wimberley-arca-swiss-benro-hejnar-/330605774496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf9a3c6a0

The RRS MH-01 head has two curved guide/clamp tracks, one on either side of the head support, while the Hejnar has one. I think the RRS symmetrical design is better, but that's not to say that there's anything wrong with the Hejnar product. I have a lot of his clamps, rails, and a 'long lens support', and they're all top quality.

The Sirui L-10 looks like a clone of the RRS MH-01. I'm glad to hear that you like it, sounds like a real bargain.

Mar 21, 2013 at 01:48 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sirui L-10 tilt head not bad

It looks like the Hejemar has one pin with three holes for different orientations. The pin does not look so robust. The price is lower on the Hejamar site.

EBH

Mar 23, 2013 at 02:12 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password