Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · couple and car

morganb4
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · couple and car

pretty. From December :-( so behind.... Anyway feel free to comment. These kind of shots are traditionally my weakness. If I could do one thing differently, it would be to position the couple to the left of the car but I was concentration a lot on the sky too, I tend to get blinded by a good, stroppy looking sky.

It was a one light setup bounced of a wall behind me. High ISO, later in the day. We lost lots of opportunities earlier because a storm came but we manage to duck out during the reception for this set.

There are many others, I just like this. If you don't, tell me why. The set has not been handed over yet so it wont be up for long.

Edited on Mar 18, 2013 at 09:36 PM · View previous versions

Mar 18, 2013 at 09:29 PM
ai3x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · couple and car

LIke it. My only nit would be the amount of space on the left which doesn't seem to have anything of interest in it. Love the mood and lighting though.

Mar 18, 2013 at 09:35 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · couple and car

Alex, yes I agree. I remember now what it was that I was thinking at the time I was being sky focused and looking at the way the clouds were formed - possibly too much.

Thats the problem with being so late with processing - its less easy to remember what I was thinking at the time and so the learning process isn't as clear and immediate for me.

Thanks for your input though, it means a lot to me.

However, the really good news is that my folks have come over from the UK and bringing me a llitre of Caol Ila and I still have half a bottle of Talisker on the shelf. So, its not all bad......

Mar 18, 2013 at 09:41 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · couple and car

Great shot. They'll love it. They won't care about the technicalities.

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · couple and car

Nice shot and processed very well. As mentioned, I would prefer to see a little more of the car and maybe a little less of the empty space on the righthand side.

Also my eyes keep getting drawn to the unnaturally bright rear end portion of the car. I feel like some of the localized brightening spilled over onto the clouds and pavement a little too much in this area of the photograph.

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · couple and car

Is that a reflection of people on the car's bumper under the headlight?

Otherwise, I don't care about the technicalities, I like this image a whole lot; even the puddle of water to the rear of the car.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · couple and car

its a fine shot no doubt.
way over the top for me but they will love it.

the car looks like it took a piss out of its tail pipe though... haha

Mar 19, 2013 at 02:53 AM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #8 · couple and car

cordellwillis wrote:
Is that a reflection of people on the car's bumper under the headlight?

Otherwise, I don't care about the technicalities, I like this image a whole lot; even the puddle of water to the rear of the car.

Reminded me of hearing about a shooter who brings a couple of liters (gallons) of bottled water to a shoot.
If he runs across a situation where a little water spillage could enhance the mood. Bamm .... water is spilled as needed.

Like the shot....keep looking at the empty space on the left. Would like to see more of the car.

Mar 19, 2013 at 02:56 AM
DavidM5
• •
p.1 #9 · couple and car

Nice capture!
Are you sure this was bounced off a wall?
Th shadows are too sharp and defined if it is.. looks more like it was a direct flash.
Also agree on the too much open space to the left of the shot as it somehow draws my eyes there.

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #10 · couple and car

I'd crop a bit off the left and clone the puddle out the image.

Mar 19, 2013 at 01:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff Simpson
• • •
p.1 #11 · couple and car

sweet shot. my kind of style.. and good to see here some well done OCF

Mar 19, 2013 at 04:08 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #12 · couple and car

morganb4 wrote:
Alex, yes I agree. I remember now what it was that I was thinking at the time I was being sky focused and looking at the way the clouds were formed - possibly too much.

Thats the problem with being so late with processing - its less easy to remember what I was thinking at the time and so the learning process isn't as clear and immediate for me.

Thanks for your input though, it means a lot to me.

However, the really good news is that my folks have come over from the UK and bringing me a llitre of Caol Ila
...Show more

Ooooo Caol Ila, nom nom. Found a really really nice peaty Bruichladdich the other day. Nectar of the gods.

Do me a quick favour, lets see a square crop with the couple in the middle and some of the space to the left gone...

Mar 19, 2013 at 05:15 PM
jerbear00
• • •
p.1 #13 · couple and car

I like the use of dead space in the shot. Works well IMHO. Excellent use of local industry

Mar 19, 2013 at 05:18 PM
martinezphoto
• • •
p.1 #14 · couple and car

Very well done. Love the lighting, composition, processing...

Mar 19, 2013 at 06:02 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #15 · couple and car

Balance, schmalance. The couple will never even notice what we all obsess about here.

What I would edit however, is cloning that puddle out near the rear of the car.

Great shot. Really like the mood.

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:10 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · couple and car

Thanks guys, heres a quick edit for alex and an alternative version.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · couple and car

DavidM5 wrote:
Nice capture!
Are you sure this was bounced off a wall?
Th shadows are too sharp and defined if it is.. looks more like it was a direct flash.
Also agree on the too much open space to the left of the shot as it somehow draws my eyes there.

Hmmm, not entirely. I did a set later bounced entirely off a bank of bridesmaids dressed in white. but Im pretty sure that was not then.

It could well have been direct, higher and to the right on a stand, as per the reflection of the Bentleigh's bumper.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #18 · couple and car

morganb4 wrote:
Thanks guys, heres a quick edit for alex and an alternative version.

Much better, love both of those!

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:15 AM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #19 · couple and car

Wow, I wish banks of bridesmaids dressed in white were more common - that would be perfect for bounce!

Mar 20, 2013 at 03:10 AM
anthonyket
• • •
p.1 #20 · couple and car

I like the last shot the most, cropped in close.
Well done your photography is coming along very nicely.

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password