Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

1)

2)

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
gome1122
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

Really like the perspective of the first image. Great shots.

Mar 18, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Ana Reyes
• • •
p.1 #3 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

Good stuff!

Al

Mar 18, 2013 at 03:05 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

thanks guys!

its funny, i consider the first image one of the better ones ive taken in some time and yet this thread is getting very few comments. no worries at all, just an interesting observation

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM
sanook

p.1 #5 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

yeah, that first image is KILLER...nicely done!

Mar 19, 2013 at 01:31 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

Hey Chuck, I like them both very much. I really love the framing you created in the first one - with enough details to see whats framing them, but not too much to detract from your boys. I also really like the solitary feel of the second and that look of concentration on Max's face.

For your other point, my last couple of sets, I've been somewhat proud of, and I've gotten very few comments. I was thinking that maybe my pride was somewhat misplaced, or maybe my style just isn't very popular. I was kinda bummed, but hopefully it will push me to either try and improve or try and be happy with what I produce. I feel like I've been somewhat static for awhile now, but for family stuff, maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as I'm capturing them, right?

--David

Mar 19, 2013 at 05:38 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

Good slice of life!
Douglas

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM
cmcleod
• •
p.1 #8 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

These are both great captures but the first is one that I would be very proud to have in my collection. A wonderful moment captured between siblings. I appreciate you eye Chuck

Cam

Mar 19, 2013 at 03:37 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

I <3 #1.

Mar 19, 2013 at 04:52 PM

zalmyb
• • •
p.1 #10 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

Nice Chuck!!

As a whole I don't think the board is as active as it's been in the past.

I like both, 1st especially (more kids usually = better ) I wish you could have gotten someone doing dishes in the kitchen (I was going to say your wife, but you know... )

Second is great, all my kids have been through that... What's with the ratio?

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
ilan_k
• •
p.1 #11 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

Kudos for the perspective and composition..

Mar 20, 2013 at 03:06 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

canerino wrote:
its funny, i consider the first image one of the better ones ive taken in some time and yet this thread is getting very few comments. no worries at all, just an interesting observation

The number of views/comments you get on a forum like this one is an incredibly poor barometer for measuring how good or bad your images are.

Mar 20, 2013 at 04:47 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

corposant wrote:
The number of views/comments you get on a forum like this one is an incredibly poor barometer for measuring how good or bad your images are.

I completely agree. Nor do I care about comments about the work I post. This is my personal photography that I shoot for me. I've always liked that some of my personal stuff has resonated with others over the past 8 years. This has happened before where a piece that I feel is particularly strong receives very few (or no) comments. I always just chalk it up to me having better taste than everyone else

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

neighbourboy wrote:
Hey Chuck, I like them both very much. I really love the framing you created in the first one - with enough details to see whats framing them, but not too much to detract from your boys. I also really like the solitary feel of the second and that look of concentration on Max's face.

For your other point, my last couple of sets, I've been somewhat proud of, and I've gotten very few comments. I was thinking that maybe my pride was somewhat misplaced, or maybe my style just isn't very popular. I was kinda bummed, but hopefully it will
...Show more

As always, I appreciate your comments.

What I love most about FPJ is that it is for the individual photographer. There is no competition, no ego, no motivation for selfish gain. It should always come from a personal place and images should be taken for personal reasons. While I do feel that comments are down overall forum wide, it shouldnt really impact how/why you shoot. I think we should be focusing on what is important to us.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

zalmyb wrote:
Nice Chuck!!

As a whole I don't think the board is as active as it's been in the past.

I like both, 1st especially (more kids usually = better ) I wish you could have gotten someone doing dishes in the kitchen (I was going to say your wife, but you know... )

Second is great, all my kids have been through that... What's with the ratio?

you are in my head with that first one! while i do like it a lot, i was thinking that mom in the foreground doing dishes would have been great. but alas, she wasnt

The ratio in #2 is 4:5.

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM
zalmyb
• • •
p.1 #16 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

canerino wrote:
The ratio in #2 is 4:5.

This I know. It just doesn;t seem to fit with the rest of your work. Also, I guess I always associate photojournalism with 2:3, so when it's not it kind of throws me off...

Mar 31, 2013 at 09:17 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Spring Training and Spring Cleaning

4:5 isn't my preference, but I'll chop off 2 inches when I have to. I think I do this more than you think

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password