Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Moving Rock

kwalsh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moving Rock

Haven't been able to shoot landscapes for a year (new daughter). Did a few day trip to DVNP past week, not for photography really but I did get a few minutes in twilight one evening to shoot this. Tracks on the playa getting sort of weak, looks like nothing has moved for a few years at this point. And sunset sort of fizzled after looking promising.

So anywho - it's one of the rocks on Racetrack Playa. You know - like the thousand other images of them already on here

http://www.kenandchristine.com/Trips/Death-Valley/Death-Valley-2013/i-3RFwJmn/0/X2/130311_DV2013_IP00068-58-Edit-X2.jpg

Ken

Mar 16, 2013 at 04:53 PM
Bryan Mordt
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moving Rock

This is a very nice image! I love the color and detail. If you were not there for photography then what else was going on?

Mar 16, 2013 at 05:08 PM
Camperjim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moving Rock

I guess it is, as you say, like a thousand other similar images. Even so I think this one is right up there with the best. You have a good sharp image with good lighting that gives a feel for the Racetrack area.

Mar 16, 2013 at 06:23 PM
jviegas
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moving Rock

This is a splendid shot, congratulations!

Mar 16, 2013 at 07:26 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moving Rock

Hey Ken,

I like this one, no clouds to work with, but you still came away with a pretty cool shot. I like the Lavendar feel of the tones in this. That is great that you got out, a newborn can definitely keep you busy!

Jim

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:03 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moving Rock

Very nicely done.
Harsha

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:04 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Moving Rock

I like this one..i've only been there once...really need to head up there sometime soon. This is nicely done!

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:15 PM
astrodave
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Moving Rock

The colors and lack of clouds work really well in this image...you should be really proud of this one! I think the rough textures on the ground are a nice contrast to that glassy sky.

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Moving Rock

Nice one Ken. No matter how many have been posted here it's always great to see more. It increases my envy level
David

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:57 PM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Moving Rock

Lovely shot!

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
kwalsh
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Moving Rock

Thanks everyone!

@Bryan: I was mostly "tour guide" on this trip. Taking my brother and nephew around the more remote parts of the park. Lots of long driving and some nice hikes packed into a very short trip. During "golden/blue" hours I was usually either in motion or recovering without much time for dedicated photography. We did have a nice off the beaten path trip through Racetrack, Saline and Eureka valleys. Too much washboard though - and my brother's overly large truck needed some careful spotting and slow driving on a few roads.

Ken

Mar 17, 2013 at 06:55 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Moving Rock

classic image - nice

Mar 17, 2013 at 09:23 PM
Steven Everitt
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Moving Rock

Fantastic detail

Mar 18, 2013 at 01:56 PM
SteveF
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Moving Rock

Looks good to me.

Mar 19, 2013 at 01:50 AM
Lee Saxon
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Moving Rock

Don't be shy! There are a finite number of locations and times of day to photograph, and an ever-growing number of photographers. If everyone started thinking, "Nah, I don't need to take/post this photo, somebody else already has," no one would ever take or post another photo.

This is a good one, btw.

Mar 19, 2013 at 05:13 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password