Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Kat is black and white

tonyfield
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Kat is black and white

My dear friend Kat has a superb wardrobe and a fine sense of style. We decided to do a B&W shoot with dark clothes, her black hair, on a black background. She chose excellent dresses, gloves and a selection of jewellery that all seemed to fit together.

This turned out to be a bit of a lighting challenge - shooting in my living room is not convenient for what I wanted to try. The lighting is a single rectangular soft box directly above Kat's head, tilted to illuminate the black foam core background to a dark grey to provide some separation with her black hair an black clothing. She really had to play to the light - if her chin was down, the shadows were terrible Since the soft box was about 1 to 1.5 feet from her head, the vertical light fall off is very strong!

Mar 16, 2013 at 06:42 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Kat is black and white

I think you did very well with these. She looks like someone you can work a lot with.

Mar 16, 2013 at 01:17 PM
bwalwork
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Kat is black and white

Love them all, Tony!

Looks like a great model to work with... really like her expression.

The processing really works well here.

Mar 16, 2013 at 03:16 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Kat is black and white

Thanks for the comments. This shoot with Kat was quite special trying out new ideas for posing and lighting. I am going to revisit some of this using a beauty dish instead of a softbox.

Mar 18, 2013 at 03:53 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password