Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?
  
 
neilvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


Can anybody tell me if the aforementioned L-Plate with work with the Really Right Stuff Lever Clamp?

Thanks in advance!



Mar 16, 2013 at 05:15 AM
hijazist
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


My kirk L-Plate for the D600 works with my BH-30 that has an RRS lever clamp. I remember reading on the RRS website that both RRS & Kirk plates work with RRS level clamps whereas other brands are not guaranteed to work.


Mar 16, 2013 at 07:03 AM
sjms
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


yes it will


Mar 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
lxdesign
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


Why not get the Jobu L bracket instead? support local Canadian manufacturing.


Mar 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM
ckcarr
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


Kirk fits tight but they work. I had two, to go with my D600 and 300mm f/4

My preference is RRS for RRS, they fit just right.



Mar 16, 2013 at 02:44 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



sjms
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


hijazist wrote:
My kirk L-Plate for the D600 works with my BH-30 that has an RRS lever clamp. I remember reading on the RRS website that both RRS & Kirk plates work with RRS level clamps whereas other brands are not guaranteed to work.


this is/was a true statement. but since then many plate makers cleaned and tightened up their spec and standards so you are less apt to get a bad plate/clamp match. in addition RRS themselves did some design rework on their clamp which is a little more tolerant. in the end for the most part they are meeting in the middle.



Mar 16, 2013 at 02:49 PM
neilvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


lxdesign wrote:
Why not get the Jobu L bracket instead? support local Canadian manufacturing.


Since you asked, I have used a few of their products over the years and have never been overly impressed with the design/finish. That said, their service is excellent which is saying something for Canadian companies.

I do strongly support buying local whenever possible.



Mar 16, 2013 at 07:35 PM
neilvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


ckcarr wrote:
Kirk fits tight but they work. I had two, to go with my D600 and 300mm f/4

My preference is RRS for RRS, they fit just right.


I agree with trying to keep RRS with RRS but I prefer the design of the Kirk in this case. It will mostly be used with my Acratech Lever Clamp but my RRS PG-02 pano setup has the RRS Lever Clamp so I just wanted to make sure it would work...



Mar 16, 2013 at 07:39 PM
neilvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kirk BL-D800 (D800 L-Plate) with the RRS Lever Clamp?


sjms wrote:
this is/was a true statement. but since then many plate makers cleaned and tightened up their spec and standards so you are less apt to get a bad plate/clamp match. in addition RRS themselves did some design rework on their clamp which is a little more tolerant. in the end for the most part they are meeting in the middle.


RRS must have done some reworking on the design as you suggest. The lever clamp because it works with all of my plates (various brands) so far...



Mar 16, 2013 at 07:41 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password