1       2       3       4      
       end

Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Fred Miranda wrote:
We encourage members to comment on images on the presentation boards. If you really like an image, then the Vote for Feature thread button is an option.
Fred

I will comment then within my self imposed limits and use vote when I can't.

May 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

I personally would like to have the "Vote as Featured Thread" button pop up maybe twice, as:
- a larger button at the beginning of threads eligible
- a button at the bottom of the thread

It's quite easy to click a "like" button, but in order to "vote as featured thread," one has to scroll all the way back up, and I'm not sure how many people would be that inclined to do that.

May 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Okay, how do we remove our vote for a thread if by accident our clumsy fingers hit that button while using a tablet or similar?

Jan 15, 2015 at 03:58 AM
ntclick

p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Very Cool

Aug 04, 2016 at 03:00 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Paul Mo wrote:
Okay, how do we remove our vote for a thread if by accident our clumsy fingers hit that button while using a tablet or similar?

Currently you can't remove a vote. If you click on the "Vote as Feature Thread" button, it's not reversible.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:38 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Paul Mo wrote:

If I may... Paul, you're not limited to one vote. If you accidentally voted for one thread, you can still vote for the one you meant to.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:16 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

How do I go check to see which featured thread of the week is in the lead right now?

Aug 30, 2017 at 08:31 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Yes..how does one see the "leader board"?

Sep 17, 2019 at 07:06 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Hardcore
• • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Is something broken with the "vote for featured image" because a thread like this.... https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1618254

Is unavailable to vote and it was just posted? Maybe I'm confused.

Oct 18, 2019 at 09:28 PM
CJustin

p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

I like this idea as well.
It will encourage the members to interact at a higher degree than earlier on this awesome forum.
Keep on bringing such concepts to this forum.
Also, it would award some more points to the members that add value to that thread and make it even richer.

Jun 15, 2020 at 07:19 AM
StephenE
• • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

agelessphotog wrote:
How do I go check to see which featured thread of the week is in the lead right now?

I know this is an old thread and a response to an older post within this thread, but thought it was important.

I have found a way to display the current top 4 (or 5) for the week, select one of the current threads and append ?justvoted=true to the end of the URL. This will show the top 4 (or 5) threads for the current forum.

Jul 22, 2021 at 07:19 PM
Hodie
• • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Has there been any consideration for other forums to get votes? There are many great photographers here that don’t specialize in landscape, nature, or portraits.

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:32 AM
guorenzhe2009

p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Oct 28, 2021 at 02:29 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

Hodie wrote:
Has there been any consideration for other forums to get votes? There are many great photographers here that don’t specialize in landscape, nature, or portraits.

There are a "Weekly Assignment" and a "Monthly Assignment" and the "Featured Thread".
The WA/MA have entries from all categories/"flavors" of photography.

Anyone can participate there...
Dan

May 25, 2022 at 03:44 PM
doady
• •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

I don't photograph cities because I want to show their beauty or anything like that. Often people who see my cityscapes use them to critique the urban environment and its planning and development, and that's often the whole point of the photos to begin with. So it would be a slap in the face to landscape photographers who travel to beautiful and faraway locations awaiting the sunrise and sunset, right place, right time, while someone like me just walks out of their front door or hotel room, wrong place, wrong time, and gets the same attention. Or I photograph random people on the street while others thoughtfully photograph people in a studio with a carefully chosen subject and lighting.

Standards are important, and giving cityscape and street photos the same treatment as nature, landscape, and portrait photos would be sending the wrong message to the wider art and photography community. Photography as a whole is often not considered art to begin with, and so drawing attention away from the beauty of landscape, nature, and portraits would only make it more difficult for people to take photography seriously as a medium.

Likewise, I won't post my abstract photos here expecting the same attention given to majestic or exotic landscape photos of New Zealand or Iceland. I am grateful there is even a forum section for abstracts at all. That is already better than any other photography forum so it would be stupid demand more or expect more.

May 28, 2022 at 05:29 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Vote for Featured Thread of the Week

bump

Nov 15, 2023 at 06:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.