Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
  

Archive 2013 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week
  
 
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Sorry, have to get used to the "Like"-option: is it basically a "thumbs up, good post/reply"-button? In other words, it's not like a favorite-star used over at flickr?
Fred: I would love to have easy access to given "likes", as some kind of bookmark of remarkable posts/replies.



May 23, 2013 at 08:23 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


georgms wrote:
Sorry, have to get used to the "Like"-option: is it basically a "thumbs up, good post/reply"-button? In other words, it's not like a favorite-star used over at flickr?
Fred: I would love to have easy access to given "likes", as some kind of bookmark of remarkable posts/replies.


This is already implemented. Just look at your own profile, you will see: "Received Likes: 79"
Click on the number "79" to see all the likes you have received.
Fred



May 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
georgms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Fred Miranda wrote:
This is already implemented. Just look at your own profile, you will see: "Received Likes: 79"
Click on the number "79" to see all the likes you have received.
Fred


Thanks, Fred!
Sorry, my English is weak to say the least and probably misleading: I meant I would be glad if I could see the "Likes" I gave, as some kind of bookmark. This would lift the "like-option" to be more than a compliment-/tribute-function.
Thank you, Georg.



May 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Georg,
That is actually a great idea and I just implemented it.
You will find the new "My likes" on the board and topic pages.

The entire link list should be: (If applicable)

My posts My board posts My likes My reviews My notifications My uploads.....

The "My likes" link is only available to the current user, therefore it's a private link.

So, now, when you like a post, it's saved to that list. (similar to how a bookmark works)
Fred



May 28, 2013 at 05:23 PM
jcolwell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


OK. So, I figure the "My Likes" link replaces the "Given Likes" or whatever the status count was called at the bottom of the 'personal paragraph' at the top left of each post, and on the My Profile pages. Of course, this "Given Likes" count was only here for the last three or four days. I guess the current approach enables us to remember what we like, but the openly published "Given Likes" link-set let's everybody have a look. What's better?

[The Black Keys, Brothers]



May 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #6 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


jcolwell wrote:
OK. So, I figure the "My Likes" link replaces the "Given Likes" or whatever the status count was called at the bottom of the 'personal paragraph' at the top left of each post, and on the My Profile pages. Of course, this "Given Likes" count was only here for the last three or four days. I guess the current approach enables us to remember what we like, but the openly published "Given Likes" link-set let's everybody have a look. What's better?

[The Black Keys, Brothers]


Hi Jim,
It was not "Given likes". It was "Sent likes". Same idea though
The "My likes" link retrieves the same information as the removed "Sent likes" but it's more private as it only shows for the current user instead of everyone.
Fred



May 30, 2013 at 01:36 AM
jcolwell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Thanks Fred. My memory is so short...



May 30, 2013 at 02:23 AM
Travis Rhoads
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


I have looked all over...and I am sure I am just missing it..is there a location where the Featured Thread voting is going on, similar to the WA/MA sections, so that you can see the ones that are being voted for...or is it only by voting for one that the current status can be seen...


Jun 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #9 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Travis Rhoads wrote:
I have looked all over...and I am sure I am just missing it..is there a location where the Featured Thread voting is going on, similar to the WA/MA sections, so that you can see the ones that are being voted for...or is it only by voting for one that the current status can be seen...


Hi Travis,
You can only see the "Pending top 5 results" when voting for a thread. Threads may be competing for different FTOW dates. The date will be showing on the pending poll.
If you just want to see the pending votes you could add "?justvoted=true" at the end of the thread link to view the pending results for that timeframe.

Example:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1219072?justvoted=true

Fred



Jun 11, 2013 at 08:16 PM
Travis Rhoads
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


I see, thanks Fred. . I am sure those results will not stay that way...but one can dream right?


Jun 11, 2013 at 08:23 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Travis Rhoads wrote:
I see, thanks Fred. . I am sure those results will not stay that way...but one can dream right?


Yes, good luck Travis. I voted for your thread!



Jun 12, 2013 at 06:26 PM
Travis Rhoads
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #12 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Fred Miranda wrote:
Yes, good luck Travis. I voted for your thread!

I am flattered Fred...thank you.



Jun 12, 2013 at 06:37 PM
ariakae
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #13 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


I like this idea


Apr 04, 2014 at 03:44 PM
samcracc
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #14 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


Add me in as one who is on board with the idea. Thanks for a great site!


Apr 07, 2014 at 10:43 PM
branhamj
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #15 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


This is an awesome idea!


Apr 17, 2014 at 02:09 AM
mahicks
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #16 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


I agree great idea


May 07, 2014 at 02:28 PM
dmi211
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #17 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


I'll echo what the others have said, it's a very cool idea.


May 14, 2014 at 06:08 PM
swordfishphoto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #18 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


So what happened to the "like" button for first posts? They've all disappeared, and only the second and subsequent posts have the option to "Quote - Like".

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read page 3. Kinda sad, I was getting a good number of "likes" on my initial posts, but I rarely have a chance to come close to being a featured thread because of certain heavy-hitters in the portrait area. Not that, in the scheme of things, these "likes" mean anything, but now the only way for me to know if it's any good is for someone to reply, and people don't seem to do that too often. Much easier for them to just click a button and be done with it. I, for one, don't like the new change.



May 23, 2014 at 08:00 AM
ben egbert
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #19 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


In the past I have used like to indicate that I like an image rather than leave a comment. I hate critique to high heaven and think most of it is on autopilot. A simple like tells somebody the image works without all the color cast (in a non color managed environment yet) or unsharp at 1/10 the real size of the image sort of comments. And brightness comments ought to be outlawed.

On web sized images, the only rational critique would be the subject and composition and overall impact. But since I scorn rule of thirds and prefer centered subjects I avoid composition comments too.

Now that I can't use like to commend an image I guess I could just vote featured image. But it seems that featured image ought to be more exclusive than that.




May 24, 2014 at 01:31 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #20 · New Feature: Vote for Featured Thread of the Week


ben egbert wrote:
In the past I have used like to indicate that I like an image rather than leave a comment. I hate critique to high heaven and think most of it is on autopilot. A simple like tells somebody the image works without all the color cast (in a non color managed environment yet) or unsharp at 1/10 the real size of the image sort of comments. And brightness comments ought to be outlawed.

On web sized images, the only rational critique would be the subject and composition and overall impact. But since I scorn rule of thirds and prefer
...Show more

We encourage members to comment on images on the presentation boards. If you really like an image, then the Vote for Feature thread button is an option.
Fred



May 24, 2014 at 05:01 PM
1       2       3      
4
       5       end




FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password