Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Kiwanda Morning

Bjadelberg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Kiwanda Morning

Oh wow this is nice great colors. Love that fog/cloud.

Mar 19, 2013 at 07:01 PM
PKuglin
• • • •
p.2 #2 · Kiwanda Morning

JimFox wrote:
Hey Mark,

If you like it, that's good and probably most important. For me, this one doesn't really work. What appears as limited DOF along with that low cloud in front, to me renders this like it's a miniature. I see that others seem to like it, but for me, while it's certainly interesting how that low layer of clouds is in the shot, in the end, it visually bugs my eyes a bit...

Jim

Mark, I wold have to agree with Jim here on the composition. Its too unsettling to me and gives me tension. Is that what you going for? I keep looking for something to anchor me and it isn't happening.

The color is good.

Mar 19, 2013 at 07:32 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.2 #3 · Kiwanda Morning

Just needs a pirate ship.

Mar 19, 2013 at 07:47 PM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
p.2 #4 · Kiwanda Morning

Epic shot! absolutely love this one

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

thw2
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Kiwanda Morning

Simple and effective. I like it!

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:59 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · Kiwanda Morning

PKuglin wrote:
Mark, I wold have to agree with Jim here on the composition. Its too unsettling to me and gives me tension. Is that what you going for? I keep looking for something to anchor me and it isn't happening.

The color is good.

Hi Phil. Thank you for your feedback. No, tension is not what I was going for. When I view it (and it seems at least or more than half of the viewers) I don't get that feeling at all. It is all peace all the way. But that is the thing about art, I guess. We all see things differently. I don't negate that some feel that way. I also very much agree with there being other viable crop options. I appreciate the feedback.

Mar 20, 2013 at 05:39 PM
denovo2k1
• • •
p.2 #7 · Kiwanda Morning

I wouldn't change a single thing!!!!
Thanks for sharing Mark!

Mar 21, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · Kiwanda Morning

denovo2k1 wrote:
I wouldn't change a single thing!!!!
Thanks for sharing Mark!

Thanks. Centered crops always produce a mix of feedback. I have always been a bit of a rule breaker in that way. The first 4 years of shooting landscape with attention I mostly did 50/50 crops on reflections. A lot of the feedback was mixed as a result. I don't do this nearly as often these days, but sometimes an image just says center to me. This was the case here.

Mar 22, 2013 at 04:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password