Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · tyler // senior

sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · tyler // senior

It's been a while since I've posted much on this forum, but a good friend of mine said she'd like to see me back posting again! Anyway, I shoot a lot of senior portraits throughout the school year and this is one of my most recent.

This kid was pretty chill and wanted to have some GQ type shots, along with some with his sister. Not much special to these but wanted to share! Comments and critique ALWAYS welcome!

Mar 14, 2013 at 05:37 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · tyler // senior

He asked for GQ, and you gave it to him. Good thing he looked the part! Nice job, as always. Thanks for sharing!

Mar 14, 2013 at 08:02 PM
UsseryG
• • •
p.1 #3 · tyler // senior

I really like the non-shades pics. He looks like a really handsome dude, and the shades kinda take away from that spark!

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · tyler // senior

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:30 PM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
p.1 #5 · tyler // senior

Spence,

Great stuff as always, I consider you the gold standard for senior portraits.

Question: do you scout locations ahead of time (including shooting at the same spots/areas), or do you randomly wander around during the session and discover things? Personally, I rarely scout. I also have time limits on my senior sessions so I generally don't have the luxury of scouting in-session... wanted to see what you do, thanks

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · tyler // senior

Andrew Welsh wrote:
randomly wander around during the session and discover things?

Thanks for the kind words

I randomly wander around and just find stuff that looks cool. I have a general idea of what is around, and/or I've been to that spot before, but I'm always looking for a new twist on things. Sometimes I'll have driven by a spot, and I'll just randomly stop by an area with no preconceived ideas and just force myself to find something I like.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · tyler // senior

I was a tad disappointed until #5. The earlier shots were showing him small in the frame or shadowed more that I care for.

Nice work after that. #8 is my pick.

Mar 17, 2013 at 08:06 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #8 · tyler // senior

I always enjoy your use of the environment when you shoot. My faves from this set are #1, 4 and 8. #5 is a bit feminine looking to me, and I don't care for the red rail intersecting his head in #6 right side.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

CW100
• • • •
p.1 #9 · tyler // senior

1, 5 & 8 - nice set

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • •
p.1 #10 · tyler // senior

I love your creativity and use of light...you aren't scared to experiment with what wouldn't be considered conventional lighting and I love your results! He IS a GQ looking dude and I bet he loves these. Love 3, 4, and 6!

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:36 PM
kmorvant
• •
p.1 #11 · tyler // senior

Great Shots! I like 1.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
thebeginning
• • •
p.1 #12 · tyler // senior

Agreed with some of the above, #5 is super smooth - he looks completely comfortable, not forced at all.

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #13 · tyler // senior

"...nothing special..." You are so funny. Very nice work Spence, as usual, but #7 is really excellent. If I was that fellow I'd put that one on my resume.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Dentx
• • •
p.1 #14 · tyler // senior

Very cool shots, I really like the first one.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:31 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · tyler // senior

thanks everyone!

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:40 PM
bruce13turner
• •
p.1 #16 · tyler // senior

Nice set! Great work as usual. I like them all--I wouldn't be surprised if 3 soon becomes his online profile image! After seeing the first 4 images, the rest looked a little plain vanilla--*if* we can call anything you do vanilla...

Nice work!

Thanks,
Bruce

Mar 24, 2013 at 02:49 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password