Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

Grantland
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

Hi,

I am looking of for a backpack to hike off trail with a 500 f/4.0, tripod, etc.

Any suggestions?

What backpack do you use when hiking?

I currently use a Tamrac 5549 and it has served me very well. Solid construction and rugged. No chance it can hold a 500. But for a basic setup: body w/70-200, an extra couple lens, flash, etc. it is a great pack.

Grant

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=tamrac+5549&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:16 PM
awacs
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

Kinesis long lens bags are excellent.

Aram

Mar 14, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

If you need to carry more than the Kiboko from Gura Gear is pretty good. Designed/promoted by wildlife photographer Andy Biggs.
I'm using a Think Tank Accelerator but that one is just too small. It fits the 500VR (and more) but without camera attached. So, I'm looking for something new as well.

Mar 14, 2013 at 03:44 PM
Lincoln Graham

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

I use a Kata for my 600mm.

Lincoln

Mar 14, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

I have a Kata BP-502 Camera Backpack as well, but that's a really big one. Big enough for a 600VR + 200-400VR with bodies attached, 3 TC's and a 70-200VRII. With a Gitzo 55xx + Wimberley it weighs about 17kg, only for a few miles/km's.

Mar 14, 2013 at 08:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ChrisDM
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

Thinktank are some of the best bags in the business if not the best, and I'm sure they have one to fit your needs.

Mar 14, 2013 at 09:06 PM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

I have a model very similar to this. it was just this week I was entertaining the idea that I need to make other arrangements in as much as how I carry goods around. Maybe at 52 I'm just a lazy git that isn't used to carrying this gear? I don't know....

But when at an airport with 2 pro bodies, 17-55, 10mm, 70-200, 14-24, 24-70, 2-SB-900, and the few assorted items needed to keep me firing .... This is like hauling around a small child. So IMO, if you're doing anything close to a travel, with near as much as listed.. I'd be either re-thinking the whole 'backpack' thing and entertaining a more logical solution.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM
akul
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

I have Loca from f-stop gear with medium size ICU. It is more bag than I need, but larges lens I have is 70-200. Your miles may vary.

Mar 15, 2013 at 01:32 AM
cohenfive
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Backpack(s) to carry Nikon gear

I am a big fan of my Kiboko. Also had a Kinesis long lens case that worked well just for a body with lens attached.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:15 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password