Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2013 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

stan23
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

dennisgibson wrote:
Not yet. PP canceled my dispute because Amex got involved so now Amex is doing the investigation. He sent something to both PP and Amex today. I called PP and they said they couldn't send me his documents he'd faxed to them but she said it was a copy of an email I'd sent him. She read it to me and it was one of them. She wouldn't read me the entire thing but what she did read only makes my case. She said he sent 5 things but only read me part of one.

I called Amex and they
...Show more

Dennis,

I just wanted to mention that you are handling this like a true gentlemen.

Mar 15, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

That lens has now caused much more harm to the original seller than it's original value. I just cannot imagine how anyone could keep that money under these pretenses. Has the heart of man waxed so cold that our eyes have grown scales to the truth? May it never be. May it never be.

Mar 15, 2013 at 09:52 PM
charlieboy
• • •
p.2 #3 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Good Luck Dennis!

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Makes me want to stick with CL cash money only but then again with a lens of this value not many can have this kind of cash handy

Mar 16, 2013 at 02:25 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

good luck, disputes are nerve wrecking!

Mar 20, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Sarsfield wrote:
That lens has now caused much more harm to the original seller than it's original value. I just cannot imagine how anyone could keep that money under these pretenses. Has the heart of man waxed so cold that our eyes have grown scales to the truth? May it never be. May it never be.

This person cares not! He has no moral conscious. As Michelle Malkin states This man "is stuck on stupid"!

Good luck Dennis!

Mar 23, 2013 at 08:30 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Still waiting for AMEX to mail their findings to me. They won't give me any answers over the phone and just quote the 30-60 day investigation time.

I'll keep you guys and girls posted!

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Camera Mouse
• •
p.2 #8 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

I'm sure that AMEX will take care of the problem for you even if it's dragging on and on for you. Even if they turn you down, which I doubt will happen, you can still dispute it. We had a purchase that involved counterfeit software and while it took time to settle it, AMEX took care of it for us.

What a shame that it couldn't have been quickly settled with a return. A bad experience for the buyer but it does make me proud of The FM community and Fred for standing up for the buyer's protection. (Or seller's rights too if the situation was reversed.)

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.2 #9 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Thanks for the update Dennis!

It still amazes me how we all banned together over this

Very surprised that the seller is fighting this instead of just returning your money for the "mint" lens...

I too vote Amex over Paypal. Ive had a few disputes with Paypal and getting them resolved is a pain in the a$$. Even after one seller responded to Paypal that he would refund half of my money, and I agreed to it, it still took 2 weeks and many phone calls through their horrible customer service to finally talk to someone who could resolve the issue. I think they make it so hard, and play that horrible on hold music so loud, just to frustrate the customer and make him decide its not worth it and give up on a claim.

Anyway, good luck with your claim! Amex has always very easy to deal with and they dont make you feel like you did something wrong.

Apr 03, 2013 at 04:05 AM
Grantland
• • • •
p.2 #10 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

bump

Apr 10, 2013 at 02:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

anscochrome
• •
p.2 #11 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

bumpity-bump

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:03 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.2 #12 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Just got back from vacation and there was a letter in my mailbox from Amex. They said I'd won my dispute and that the balance was being removed from my statement.

They made no mention of returning the lens so I called them to double-check and make sure they had actually taken the money from his account and not just eaten the loss themselves. They said that they had gotten the money back. I have no intentions of keeping it so I emailed Gregory to see if I can get his address so I can ship it back to him. I don't think I deserve the money and the lens and even though I think what he did was completely immoral, I think he should get his lens back. (although since I'm still unemployed the extra loot would come in handy ha ha).

I was cordial in my email

If it means me eating the return shipping to get this entire thing over and done with then that's fine with me. I guess I could consider it paying "Stupid Tax".

Now I have to figure out if I should take another chance with the 200

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement throughout this ordeal

Dennis

Apr 25, 2013 at 02:57 AM
EltonTeng
• • • •
p.2 #13 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Why would you want to take a chance at the lens being "lost" in transit? Just saying.

It's the right thing to offer. Goes without saying that you need to make it signature required.

Apr 25, 2013 at 03:18 AM
drive_75
• • •
p.2 #14 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Glad it ends well for you. You are doing the right thing by returning the lens. Can't let this bad experience from stopping you at getting a 200.

Apr 25, 2013 at 04:57 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Yes, you should attempt to return the lens and congrats on winning the dispute (AmExp is great for this).

BUT!!! Do not eat the shipping. Not only should he pay, but make sure he pays for delivery confirmation, tracking, insurance, etc...

If he refuses to pay return shipping (collect BEFORE you ship), then refuse to send.

Keep us updated.

I would also give him a deadline to respond / pay shipping fees.

greg

Apr 25, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Thats great news Dennis!

Apr 25, 2013 at 07:04 AM
willm02118
• •
p.2 #17 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Great news indeed!

Apr 25, 2013 at 01:10 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.2 #18 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Congrats, Dennis. Well done!

P.S. I think the original seller should pay the "stupid tax", with "signature required", for sure!

Apr 25, 2013 at 01:19 PM
mfreardon
• • •
p.2 #19 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Great news!

Apr 25, 2013 at 01:25 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.2 #20 · Did Dennis get his $ back?

Dennis,