Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sharing photos on the net

bwana

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sharing photos on the net

Since there is no 'cloud forum' I hope this is the right place.

I would like to upload a bunch of photographs to the cloud. For argument's sake, let's say I put up a thousand photos ranging in size from 500kb to 5 meg.

I would like to share subsets of this collection with various groups and individuals.
For example, I would like to select all of john's pix and send him a link to that collection. I would also like to select all of my ski club's pix and send them a link to that collection Some of these pix might also include john.

I would like to present the different collections in different formats. Let's say I would like john's collection to be a collage of all his pix on one page. I might light like the ski club collection to appear as a slide show of individual pix on a dark grey

the problem w smugmug is that you have to create a gallery for each presentation. It would be nice if i could do what lightroom does with its templates, but online for web viewing.
Is there a service that will do this? Easily?

Tried 500pix. dropbox, google drive, shutterfly, zen, smugmug
None seem to be able to do this. It shouldnt be hard- just select subsets of my photo collection and a presentation template.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sharing photos on the net

You may have to hire a web programmer to do this for you. seems like highly custom job

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
mhayes5254
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sharing photos on the net

If you are interested in a DYI solution the TTG Lightroom tools work well. Once you have the web site setup, you can easily create new galleries under the Publishing services and they go go straight to your site without messing with FTP, etc. That is what I am using.

http://ce3.theturninggate.net/

Mar 14, 2013 at 03:17 AM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sharing photos on the net

You need to take another look at Smugmug. Smart Galleries, Collections do what you want.

Example, load photos into one or more private gallery and keyword them ("John", "Skiclub". Create a Smart Gallery with a "rule" for John. Volia, you've got John's gallery. Set the style to whatever you like that's close to a "collage".

Create a Smart gallery for Ski Club, set the style to slide show. All images with keyword "skiclub" appear there, as well as any future images you upload with keyword skiclub.

Mar 14, 2013 at 06:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

bwana

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sharing photos on the net

Tnx. I was hoping for a web app that could do this so I could share photo subsets on the go (from pc, Mac, android, iPhone) that do not have lr installed. Seemed like no one really wants this so it didnt exist.! Ill look at smugmug again.Tnx for your help.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sharing photos on the net

Go to kickstarter.com raise some money start coding and build the site. You should be able to sell such a company for a billion or so in a couple of years.

Mar 14, 2013 at 03:52 PM
jchin
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sharing photos on the net

I believe LR has a "Publish" option to upload to Smugmug.

Mar 30, 2013 at 04:43 AM
bwana

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sharing photos on the net

ok, so i decided to use google docs to create a presentation. The images are on google drive. Google docs simply references the images so any number of templates are possible. For example, here are two different 'galleries' made in google docs.

Boston
Boston in Blue

Of course you cant sell the images, it's just a way to present subsets of your images with a circle of friends. The same way that 500pix does with sets, or smugmug does with smart sets.

Except of course, it's free.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password