Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Thoughts on my logo

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Thoughts on my logo

Hi all,

Sorry for putting another logo critic topic since there´s been one around lately but I couldnt wait to hear your critics and comments, I know the logo has certain weight in the image you spread of yourself or your company.

Thanks beforehand,

Jaime

Edited on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM · View previous versions

Mar 13, 2013 at 03:28 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Thoughts on my logo

Red and black must be the in thing now Kidding. My logo has always been red and black and I just recently revamped my logo as well about 6 months ago. check it photosbynick.com

Now on to yours.... I did it. I like the font choice. The actual graphic is just not cutting it for me. I like the design of it but I dont like the rusty dirty feel to it. Maybe if the lines were more crisp to math the font? Dont change the design of it just maybe a crisper look. Unless this is what you are going for? Whats the point of your logo graphic?

What about just your text as the logo? Or maybe incorporate your graphic in to your O in the JMRaso.

Mar 13, 2013 at 04:22 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Thoughts on my logo

paparazzinick wrote:
Red and black must be the in thing now Kidding. My logo has always been red and black and I just recently revamped my logo as well about 6 months ago. check it photosbynick.com

Now on to yours.... I did it. I like the font choice. The actual graphic is just not cutting it for me. I like the design of it but I dont like the rusty dirty feel to it. Maybe if the lines were more crisp to math the font? Dont change the design of it just maybe a crisper look. Unless this is what you are
...Show more

Thanks a lot for the answer, I dont know how to match the rounded logo with the font, feel free to give it a go !!

Bytheway, beautifull Site yours, the other day I nearly bought a responsive gallery as yours

Jaime

Mar 13, 2013 at 07:04 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Thoughts on my logo

I don't think the smaller parts of the log (the flecks on the righthand side) are going to show up clearly on some mediums. Generally, larger, more vector based components work better.

Also, I'm not sure what I think about having "JMRaso" as part of your tag line. It looks a little cluttered and doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Simply "Raso Fotografia" would work better, IMO.

Mar 13, 2013 at 07:32 PM
joshua grasso
• •
p.1 #5 · Thoughts on my logo

Having JMR capitalized is throwing me off. Its making it look alittle busy since the logo symbol has a lot going on. If you have a more stylized symbol it might be better for the text to be simplified. Also Id be interested in seeing the symbol in one of the o's for more cohesion. There's potential with it.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:33 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Thoughts on my logo

deepbluejh wrote:
Also, I'm not sure what I think about having "JMRaso" as part of your tag line. It looks a little cluttered and doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Simply "Raso Fotografia" would work better, IMO.

Good point and I would love to call myself Raso fotografia or Jaime Raso fotografía, the problem is that JMRaso has been around for a few years now and changing the name my confuse my referals, I dont know.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:53 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Thoughts on my logo

joshua grasso wrote:
Having JMR capitalized is throwing me off. Its making it look alittle busy since the logo symbol has a lot going on. If you have a more stylized symbol it might be better for the text to be simplified. Also Id be interested in seeing the symbol in one of the o's for more cohesion. There's potential with it.

Yeah, something I deciced to do in the past and cant get rid of it or change for the same reason.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:54 PM
abadass
• •
p.1 #8 · Thoughts on my logo

what does your symbol signify? (is it an abstraction of a camera lens? a cultural motif that has some kind of connection to you?)

and you can there are a ton of typefaces with rounded characteristics that will match the roundness of your symbol.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:56 PM
abadass
• •
p.1 #9 · Thoughts on my logo

jmraso wrote:
Good point and I would love to call myself Raso fotografia or Jaime Raso fotografía, the problem is that JMRaso has been around for a few years now and changing the name my confuse my referals, I dont know.

if you are concerned with referrals, maybe JM Raso fotografia can be a solution. its looks cleaner that way.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:57 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Thoughts on my logo

abadass wrote:
what does your symbol signify? (is it an abstraction of a camera lens? a cultural motif that has some kind of connection to you?)

and you can there are a ton of typefaces with rounded characteristics that will match the roundness of your symbol.

YEs, an abstraction of a camera lens, wow good guess man !!!

Yeah I will work on the rounded font.

Thanks,

Jaime

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

abadass
• •
p.1 #11 · Thoughts on my logo

jmraso wrote:
YEs, an abstraction of a camera lens, wow good guess man !!!

Yeah I will work on the rounded font.

Thanks,

Jaime

dafont.com has some decent typefaces, youworkforthem.com is a great source, myfonts.com is great as well. myfonts can be expensive but if you look around, some of the best sellers are on special for a great price.

lol thanks! I'm a designer so I pick it up quite easy. It would be a cool idea to find some kind of Spanish motif and abstract it a little bit that would resemble a camera.

Mar 13, 2013 at 09:04 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Thoughts on my logo

abadass wrote:
dafont.com has some decent typefaces, youworkforthem.com is a great source, myfonts.com is great as well. myfonts can be expensive but if you look around, some of the best sellers are on special for a great price.

lol thanks! I'm a designer so I pick it up quite easy. It would be a cool idea to find some kind of Spanish motif and abstract it a little bit that would resemble a camera.

Thanks for the links, I will take a good look at them.

I extracted the new logo from my old one.

but there´s not enough camera to do that I think.

Jaime

Mar 13, 2013 at 09:19 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Thoughts on my logo

I did this following your advices.

compared to the first one:

Jaime

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:32 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Thoughts on my logo

love the new one with diff font. a simple change such as the font made the difference and not needing to change the graphic.

Mar 14, 2013 at 01:30 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Thoughts on my logo

paparazzinick wrote:
love the new one with diff font. a simple change such as the font made the difference and not needing to change the graphic.

Thanks,

Mar 14, 2013 at 09:12 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Thoughts on my logo

Thank you all,

Jaime

Mar 14, 2013 at 09:13 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Thoughts on my logo

The logo is fine I suppose but it does not really do anything for me specifically.
It is not bad but it is not ever the top amazing either.

I would do away with the ink blog camera lens thing... I am not sure anyone will know what that is.

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:13 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Thoughts on my logo

hardlyboring wrote:
The logo is fine I suppose but it does not really do anything for me specifically.
It is not bad but it is not ever the top amazing either.

I would do away with the ink blog camera lens thing... I am not sure anyone will know what that is.

Thanks for the answer,

Well, yeah but do they really have to know what it is or just relate it with my business just asking.

Jaime

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:49 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Thoughts on my logo

I love the graphic.

I just would not use the color in the font as well.

I would like to what it looked like with a standard font like helvetica or tahoma wrapped around the logo in a circle.

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:54 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Thoughts on my logo

Chris Fawkes wrote:
I love the graphic.

I just would not use the color in the font as well.

I would like to what it looked like with a standard font like helvetica or tahoma wrapped around the logo in a circle.

Thanks, I will give it a go and see how it looks all the font in black as well as the wrapping text.

Jaime

Mar 14, 2013 at 03:01 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password