New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

Thats Fresh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

I recently got this bag sent to me just before I left for a four day trip to Lisbon. Although this is my first shoulder messenger style camera bag, I can honestly say I was quite impressed. When on foot, I usually carry one of my shoulder bags or even backpacks but I really love the style of the messenger bag. It was easy to access my gear inside and all the little pockets that stored my metro cards, maps, phone. No one could ever tell I had four different cameras in the bag (=

Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review on YouTube

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:54 AM
jchin
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

Can you physically confirm for me that there are SlipLock loops on this bag? I read it on Lowepro's site but cannot see where they are located.

I am interested in the smaller 180AW model and was wondering if they existed there.

On your 200AW, can you put a camera body with 70-200L mounted into the bag?

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

I bought the Lowepro Pro Messenger 180 AW 1½ month ago. It's a great bag. I looked at this one and a Thinktank retrospective before buying. And I prefered the Lowepro. I think it has more details and better build than the Thinktank bag. The TT is also more flimsy. The Lowepro has a magnet to secure the flap for a silent flap operation. A great feature. And also a better/ more comfortable padded strap

Jul 19, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

jchin wrote:
Can you physically confirm for me that there are SlipLock loops on this bag? I read it on Lowepro's site but cannot see where they are located.

I am interested in the smaller 180AW model and was wondering if they existed there.

On your 200AW, can you put a camera body with 70-200L mounted into the bag?

Thanks.

The Sliplock loops are at the side of the bag. There are two. One on each side (short-side) on top of the small pockets. They nearly look like an extension of the strap.
What 70-200L lens do you talk about? There are 4 different. And attached to what body? The 180AW is a taller bag so you can have a longer/larger lens attached to a camera when standing up. The 180AW can very easy hold a 70-200/4 L IS attached to a 1DX camera in standing position.

Jul 19, 2013 at 08:13 AM
jchin
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

Do the SlipLock loops block the use of the end pockets? I sometimes add the Lowepro lens bags onto the bag when I need an extra lens.

As for the 70-200L, I was referring to the 70-200/2.8L IS lens attached to a 5D2 gripped; wondering if that would fit, lens facing down into the bag (both the 180AW and 200AW).

Part of me wants the larger 200AW but afraid it might be bigger than I need.

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lowepro Pro Messenger 200 AW Review

If you add a full lens bag it will probably block the small pocket. Or you can just have something small in the pocket. You have to look at some pics because those pocket are not like a "normal" pocket. And they are small so it's not a big deal. I have never used those two pockets. Those two bags (200AW & 180AW) can take a lot of equipment. So if attaching extra lens bags it will be very very heavy. You can easy have a 5D2 and 4-5 lenses without any lens bags.
I think you can have a 5D2 with a 70-200/2,8 IS standing in the bag (180AW) but I don't know. The 180AW will take a larger lens standing than the 200AW also. You can also have a camera in the front pocket (or a lens).
I can very easy use my 180AW with these equipment:
2 bodies 1DX & 100D
4 lenses: 70-200/4 IS--Sigma 150/2,8 macro--16-35/2,8 & kit-lens EF-S 18-55
memory cards, batteries and a few other small things

Jul 19, 2013 at 09:23 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.