FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack
Lowepro introduced the Flipside Sport 20L AW weather-resistant backpack with more capacity then earlier models. It now fits a Pro DSLR with attached 300mm f/2.8 lens. Made of lightweight materials and breathable padding, the bag features expandable pockets for treckking poles and 1.5L bottles.

" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen>

The new Flipside is also available in two smaller sizes with Orange/Light Grey and Galaxy Blue/Light Grey color options.

Available at B&H Photo for $179.99

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Frederico

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

On Sunday just ordered a Gura Gear Bataflae 26l to house a D800, 200/2, 24-70/2.8 and a prime lens. Should have waited

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

No specs

EBH

Mar 12, 2013 at 06:42 PM
jimbob
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Hello Fred,
I clicked on the link to the Lowepro Flipside Sport 20L AW on your posting #1 at the top. Please use your influence and get Lowepro to pull that shot of the fella with the yellow jacket shooting into the sun with all that nice camera equipment. It is insulting to all of us who know better. Lens hood.?? What is a lens hood he says.??
It is quite funny really, perhaps that is the intention of Lowepro.
Regards
jimbob

Mar 12, 2013 at 07:29 PM
sorpa
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

That's nothing jimbob. Maybe he has some solar filter screwed on.
Did you see the last Canon ad? Night time, camera on tripod and the guy takes a shot in the dark using his finger. Remote hasn't been invented. Me thinks.

Mar 12, 2013 at 07:42 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

"Back-entry camera compartment offers quick access..."

Hmmmmm.

The color choices are just horrible. The blue reminds me of a child headed off to the first day of school and the orange...My eyes!

Mar 12, 2013 at 08:16 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Great concept, horrible colors. I just bought a LowePro Slingshot and wish it was a tad larger for the 300mm. Oh, well...

Mar 12, 2013 at 08:32 PM
gt_fm

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

The padding/strap looks inadequate.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:23 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

I've got the Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW and love it. In Orange even, and I love that too!

Mar 13, 2013 at 09:47 AM
Cometsoft
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Stoffer wrote:
I've got the Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW and love it. In Orange even, and I love that too!

Ditto!

I must have 12 camera bag/backpacks. Love the orange. All in all the best camera backpack I've owned (second best was a flat Kata). The padding is just right, not such a sweaty back as the others. Am curious how the concept would translate to a larger bag though.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
bboule
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

I ordered one of these yesterday when I saw this thread... hoping it is a good replacement for my 10 year old Lowepro backpack. That one is a much more standard/old school design. You have to take the tripod off to open the pack, and you generally have to put it "back side" down in the field to open it. This one might not be perfect but it looks hugely improved over my old one! Having the hydration pack will also be great, even if it does sound like it's not big enough, I normally carry a 3L hydration bladder in my dedicated hiking pack and I know I've drank most of that on 4-5 hour hikes with camera gear, but this will still be an improvement.

I'm hoping I can use it as a day to day general purpose backpack to that lets me pack up my lunch and work stuff (laptop, lunch, clothes, etc..) and still carry my 5D3 and a couple items in case I come across a good photo opportunity.

Mar 14, 2013 at 07:23 AM
gocolts
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

I built something like this myself a few years ago using a Deuter hiking backpack and $30 insert. I think my total out of pocket was something like $150. Even have room in the separate bottom zipper section for a soft cooler with a 6 pack!

I'll have to take a look at this and see if it's any better, but so far my own creation has been great for hot days at racetracks or hiking.

Mar 14, 2013 at 07:30 AM
bboule
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Much to my surprise I got this in the mail today.. (wasn't expecting it to show up for another week)

It is a big improvement over my old one in many ways but it still has a long way to go. The entire volume of the bag is pretty much dedicated to the camera compartment. The add on "essentials" portion of the bag is tiny. You're not going to cram a fleece or jacket into it while hiking or anything, and even though it can hold an iPad, it can't hold a laptop other than maybe a 10" netbook or 11" Macbook Air or maybe a 13" Macbook Air. I have a 15" thinkpad which is similar size to a 15" Macbook Pro and that won't fit.

Other than the laptop though.. most of the things I want to carry can be put in the camera compartment. (food, etc..) And the straps, waist belt, and back venting/padding all look pretty good on this bag, so it should carry a load fairly well.

I'd almost be tempted to try and get the "camera compartment" insert from the 10L Flipside bag and stick that into the 20L bag and that would probably be better for what I'd want.

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:36 PM
mawyatt

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Thanks Fred, this is what i was looking for. Just placed an order from here at B&H.

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:24 PM
GC5
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

To whom should we report Fred for posting this on the wrong board?

Well I guess the pictures how it holding Canon gear ...

Mar 22, 2013 at 02:27 PM
joonrhee
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

To anyone who has this bag, would I be able to comfortably fit a 1DX with L bracket? I think the specs read that the internal department's depth is only 5.9" VS 7" for 1DX & L bracket.

Jun 06, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Depp
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Would like to see this come out in some less conspicuous colors, such as earth tones like brown, green or gray.

Jun 06, 2013 at 06:56 PM
gocolts
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

Comment deleted, forgot I already commented.

Edited on Jun 07, 2013 at 03:29 PM · View previous versions

Jun 06, 2013 at 08:18 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

I'm heading to Alaska for a month soon and need a new pack. Think I'll pick up one of these. The 20L might be a bit large for what I normally carry so I'll check out the various sizes.

Jun 06, 2013 at 08:30 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lowepro announces the Flipside Sport 20L AW Backpack

I ordered the 20L because it has a hip belt. I need a belt to help secure the pack on technical terrain. I have been using a Lowepro Dryzone pack but the zipper to the watertight compartment is very stiff and I rarely close it. I've been sliding the bag into a medium sized dry bag while in whitewater and I'll do the same for the 20L. I like being able to add a water bladder. I put one in the upper compartment of the Dryzone but it never really fit right.

Jun 07, 2013 at 09:39 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.