Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 59th Street Bridge

rffffffff
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 59th Street Bridge

I got out again tonight... hopped a 10 foot fence but found a really nice spot...

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:41 AM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 59th Street Bridge

These are very nice photos I like #2 better as it shows the bridge and city more and the reflection on the water. However, for #1, I think it would be better if the bottom part is cropped a bit more.

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:19 PM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 59th Street Bridge

I really love the second one... when you see it full res it's really impressive... the first one I think I should've gotten closer to the water and left out the foreground out completely except for water... if I crop that now I think it looks awkward because of all of the brush... I processed it with a little more light under the bridge and its better, but the second shot is the only one that matters to me!

36 megapixels... gonna make a big print for my livingroom.

Mar 11, 2013 at 05:13 PM
Tariqie

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 59th Street Bridge

Great work. I actually like both.

Exposure settings? and What kind of post went into it?

Mar 11, 2013 at 06:26 PM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 59th Street Bridge

exposure was (guessing) f/11 30 seconds, ISO 100... On the first shot I did a f/5.6 exposure to get the underside of the bridge too that I blended in afterwards... I made it better (brighter) after this version...

Most of the post work, though, is playing with shadow hue and highlight hue and getting the colors right where I want them... I may go slightly yellower highlights with this second one instead of orange... I blend in high clarity areas for the sky usually, and usually an exposure that doesn't clip the extreme highlights... I spend about a half hour on the ones I like usually...

Mar 11, 2013 at 07:00 PM
azngigolo64
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 59th Street Bridge

Have you ever gotten caught before? I am scared of hopping fences and getting sent away to Guantanamo Bay...

Mar 12, 2013 at 03:34 AM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 59th Street Bridge

I saw an nypd van so I had to keep walking, then scoot when they left... I haven't been caught as of yet but I expect it to not go too well... I'll just hope that showing them pretty pictures on my phone and formatting my card will help me get let go... Then Ill unformat the card at home and do it again! If I get the crap kicked outta me I'll prolly hope my camera records it the sue, then go do it again too!

I'm being a bit cavalier but I'm not jumping the fence of an army base or high dollar facility... Usually abandoned lots and places that are fenced for our protection.

Mar 12, 2013 at 04:07 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 59th Street Bridge

Lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy! The second is pretty special Rob!
Douglas

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 59th Street Bridge

Thanks... the full res files are so great with the D800... I can't wait to print that one...

And yes, I'm 'only' 36 but I'll call it the 59th street bridge forever, no matter how many times they rename it, because of simon and garfunkel!

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:47 PM
Baywing
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 59th Street Bridge

Just make sure there isn't a rotty on the other side of those fences!!!

Mar 12, 2013 at 02:26 PM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 59th Street Bridge

so you climbed over a 10' fence with camera, tripod, etc? wow! brave man. love the pics. #2 my fav

Mar 12, 2013 at 02:39 PM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 59th Street Bridge

no dogs, no big deal, except I hurt my leg and its not getting a lot better this way! The camera was in a backpack and the tripod was strapped to that... waist strap and chest strap, so it doesn't move around... As I told someone else, I make sure that I am not climbing into a con ed plant or some top secret facility... the fences I climb are more for 'my safety' than to keep people out for other reasons... That's how I justify the risk.

But a picture when trespassing is twice as good as one obtained legally!

Mar 12, 2013 at 02:50 PM
CH3NO2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 59th Street Bridge

Really like #2 Rob.

Charles

Mar 12, 2013 at 04:59 PM
Nickyb21
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 59th Street Bridge

#2 is fantastic.

Mar 12, 2013 at 07:48 PM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 59th Street Bridge

Thanks, guys...

Charles, here's a little info before work today: Leaving at 3:45am.. what's wrong with me?

Feisol head CB-40D ($129, comes with camera plate)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/848858-REG/FEISOL_CB_40D_CB_40D_Ballhead_With_QP_1444750.html

Induro CF legs: CT114

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/655195-REG/Induro_471_114_Carbon_8X_CT114_Tripod.html

Mar 13, 2013 at 07:42 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password