Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

film_4ever
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

I left very positive feedback for another FM'er after a recent transaction.

I purchased a relatively expensive item from this fellow, and he so far has not taken the time to leave feedback for me.

I have emailed this guy several times. He has stated that he would return the favor, but after almost 3 weeks, he still hasn't taken the time to do so. I have posted the instructions for how to leave feedback, and have provided a link for the original FS posting, still no feedback.

While this fellow was nice to deal with, and the transaction went well, I feel, that if he can't take the two minutes required to leave feedback for me, then I would like to rescind the "very" positive feedback I left for him. It is not fair that he benefits from the transaction, and I get zero credit.

If possible, I would really like to rescind my positive feedback.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot ! ! ! !

Mar 10, 2013 at 09:15 PM
Jayem1
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

Yes, you can delete the feedback you left for him if you like.

Mar 10, 2013 at 09:28 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

film_4ever wrote:
If possible, I would really like to rescind my positive feedback.

Isn't this a little petty? If he deserves the feedback, leave it. Take the moral high ground.

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

DanBrown wrote:
Isn't this a little petty? If he deserves the feedback, leave it. Take the moral high ground.

+ 1

Trust karma. What goes around comes around. In the end, taking the high road will always serve you well.

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:28 AM
Jayem1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

Well, it is certainly up to you what you want to do with that feedback, it looks like the fellow does not have a habit of leaving feedbacks. That's a show of lack of etiquette on his part.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

You can delete or even edit feedback. Just go to the post and choose edit or delete. It can be disappointing when someone doesn't hold up there end on this system, I know. I think you should be the bigger man. Why don't you try an e-mail and a pm? Good luck.

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

Personally, if the other party deserves a positive feedback, I'd leave one for them. I'd ask the same favor. But if they don't leave one for me, well, maybe there is something that they don't like that they don't want to leave a feedback for me. Why forcing them to leave one just because you leave a positive feedback for them? I kinda don't like the idea of leaving a positive feedback for the reason of expecting one in return.

I'd personally move on. But it's your call.

Edited on Mar 15, 2013 at 01:03 AM · View previous versions

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

He might not know how and is too ashamed to say so. Give the guy a break and let it go.

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:13 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

Thanks for all your responses.

I know I should take the high moral ground, but it's not like I'm asking a huge investment of the other party's time

@ Sarsfield
I've emailed him the link to the instructions on how to leave feedback, so he can't claim ignorance

@Wahoowa
I left positive feedback, because in my opinion, it was a positive transaction. I didn't do it just to generate more positive feedback for me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I appreciate all the responses, but I was really just looking for technical help on how to rescind feedback if possible. I wasn't looking to form a tribunal to ascertain whether what I was proposing was "acceptable decorum" or not.

I think if you were in my situation, trying to establish a favorable reputation on FM, and having reached out several times to the other party via email, asking for him to return the favor, and having him state several times that he would, ... I think you would understand where I am coming from.

Thanks again.

Mar 11, 2013 at 08:17 PM
Savas K
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

What's with the @ signs preceding names? Will Sarssfield and Wahoowa not recognize that they're being addressed solely by their name?

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM
drive_75
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

I had several sellers that just never bother to leave me feedback for high price item as well. I know how you feel but it's best to just forget it and move on. It's jut not worth contacting the seller to leave you feedback. The more you concern yourself with it, the worse you feel. I learn to just move on.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

film_4ever wrote:
Thanks for all your responses.

I know I should take the high moral ground, but it's not like I'm asking a huge investment of the other party's time

I appreciate all the responses, but I was really just looking for technical help on how to rescind feedback if possible. I wasn't looking to form a tribunal to ascertain whether what I was proposing was "acceptable decorum" or not.

I think if you were in my situation, trying to establish a favorable reputation on FM, and having reached out several times to the other party via email, asking for him to return the
...Show more

You invited the social commentary when you described why you wanted to know how to alter feedback. Do as you wish. That seems to be the general consensus, no?

I believe that forum members with favorable reputations have more than just feedback from transactions upon which their reputations are based.

Mar 12, 2013 at 08:22 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

I had 49 positive transactions. Realistically I've had 65+, I don't let it bother me. I just leave my feedback and move on. Once you have 5-10 positive, it really doesn't mean much after that.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM
dad3and3
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

Seems childish, his was the important end since you trusted him to send you what you bought which he did. Although I leave feedback and appreciate receiving the same I don't obsess over it, not worth me losing sleep over.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

Unless posting feedback was part of the transaction agreement neither party should be punished for not doing so. I've had many transactions where the other party didn't post anything. i did my part what they do is up to them. If you do reduce your feedback rating for him what do you think he is going to do?

Mar 13, 2013 at 06:11 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

I have this problem on Ebay quite a bit. I have like 400+ 100% feedback, but should have another 90. I now leave feedback once they leave feedback - as I did my part, as did the buyer/seller.

Here, I don't have that problem. I should have perhaps 55 feedback, but if you do multiple dealings with the same person, you can't leave feedback.

Mar 13, 2013 at 01:18 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Is it possible to rescind feedback?

I've had a ton of people I've left feedback for that haven't bothered to leave it for me. Probably 20 or so.

Mar 13, 2013 at 08:49 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.