Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

HoldenMan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

I have a Dell 2209WA IPS monitor, and previously when I've used my X-Rite i1 calibrator it's wanted me to bring my brightness right down to about 8-12. Just tried calibrating, and my brightness is on full and apparently I'm only hitting 96ish luminance rather than the target of 120....any idea what's going on?

Also, when adjusting the contrast, 84 sits me at the lower end of the green range where 85 puts me off the high end of the chart....

Just did it again, now luminance is about 85....

Anyway, I remember when I used to calibrate, it would get me to adjust my RGB settings one by one now it doesn't. Any idea why?

Mar 10, 2013 at 05:31 AM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

You're not set to ambient measurement are you? This will make you pull down the brightness to interpolate the room light and monitor brightness. I don't use that function. To me it's too dim to work with. I'm using a Dell ST 2410 and I have always achieved a 120 target, using Advanced function. Check your startup selections.
Allan

Mar 10, 2013 at 06:05 PM
HoldenMan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

No, don't switch the ambience measurement...

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

Did you recently update to the latest version of the software? I seem to remember seeing some complaints about that. There are certainly some anomalies when it comes to certain of their profiling functions. Too bad that X-Rite makes great hardware but really marginal software with practically no documentation and even worse tech support.

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:46 AM
HoldenMan
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

It is updated, yes...

Mar 11, 2013 at 04:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

HoldenMan
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

Starting to think the device could be faulty - I found the RGB calibration feature, but even if I drop the Red all the way down to zero, it still thinks the red is off the high end of the chart....

Mar 23, 2013 at 07:19 AM
BobCollette
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

I have heard of some i1 Display 2 units going bad, giving erroneous white point information, so it is possible that your i1 is bad. There is an i1 Diagnostic utility available from the X-Rite web site (probably on your SW CD as well). Unfortunately, the unit may still pass the diagnostic and be bad, however if it fails the diagnostic, it's a sign that it likely is bad.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM
HoldenMan
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

It passes the diagnostic, but I can't see how it could possibly determine whether the sensor is reporting accurately anyway...

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:09 PM
BobCollette
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · X-rite i1 colour profiler problems.....

You're correct, the diagnostics merely determines that the hardware is responding. It can't determine a color filter or sensor sensitivity issue when testing a colorimeter (which the i1 Display2 is). It is a little more thorough test when testing a spectrophotometer, since the unit has it's own light source and white calibration tile that it can read. While I can't say for certain, it appears that your instrument has gone bad, similar to others I have heard about.

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password