New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Best slideshow maker?

PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best slideshow maker?

Hey everyone, so I want/need to start doing a lot more videos integrating both my photos and a few videos. I just bought the plus plan over at animato today and am considering the pro plan for $260 a year. But first I would like to see if anyone has any better recommendations. I love the ease at animato, but hate that it's not a software and you have to do it online. Because there are times where I'll have to build these without access to internet.

So is there anything like animato, where it's plug and play easy stuff that looks good that anyone recommends.

This is the one I built today for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D5gsnYFJ7CM

But most of the other ones I'll do will be mostly pictures only.

Thanks for any help!

Andy

Mar 09, 2013 at 01:08 AM
mauri
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best slideshow maker?

If you're on a Mac, the best one is FotoMagico. I don't know if it's as easy as you want but you can try it.

Mar 09, 2013 at 06:10 AM
Doyle Carter

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best slideshow maker?

Pro Show Gold

Mar 09, 2013 at 09:11 AM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best slideshow maker?

Pro Show Producer

Mar 09, 2013 at 10:01 AM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best slideshow maker?

Pro Show Producer is quite adept at handling both stills and videos. It's not really "plug and play easy stuff." It's more like plug and tweak. But it's not really possible for any program to do what's in your head when you start without anything really in your head. So you see what it does automatically and make adjustments.

Mar 09, 2013 at 10:38 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best slideshow maker?

mauri wrote:
If you're on a Mac, the best one is FotoMagico. I don't know if it's as easy as you want but you can try it.

This is definitely one of those times where I wish I was a mac guy.

But anyway, sounds like I really need to check out this ProShow Producer, I'm pretty good with technology and such so that won't be a big problem for me. But I was hoping to find something that our guides could use that wouldn't take much tech skills. So I'll give this a shot and see how it goes!

Cheers,

Andy

Mar 09, 2013 at 11:24 PM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best slideshow maker?

Proshow Gold for $70 can do about 90% of what Proshow Producer can do for $250.

Especially if you just want to make "nice" slideshows without getting into a lot of customization requiring "tech" skills.

Gold has a decent library of styles and themes. You can load a bunch of images, ramdomize their sequence if you want, apply a "theme', and you're done. Or you can tweak individual images and transitions to your heart's content without too much learning curve.

To get into the advanced features of Producer requires a much steeper learning curve. I like the Gold program, but question their upgrade strategy. If you buy Gold and then decide you really need Producer, they charge a $200 upgrade fee. So a $20 penalty for being loyal.

Mar 10, 2013 at 01:56 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best slideshow maker?

if you want extreme uniqueness you might consider larger less automated packages like Fusion, Afx, Vegas, Modo, C4D, LW3D, Blender, Muvizu, Anim8or, Daz Studio, MOI3D, and so on.

Instead of just the usual slide shows we're all bored to death of make it a camera fly through a hallway of fin art, a zoom up on a fritzing kiosk at some abandon gas station, or make it look like someone is scrolling through their cell-phone images with a realistic looking cell phone and an animated thumb. Whatever... you get the idea.

Just a thought anyway...

Mar 10, 2013 at 03:50 PM
Tim Feeney

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Best slideshow maker?

mauri wrote:

I'm also searching high and low for something simple and intuitive for the Mac. I have been a user of Fotomagico 3, and it worked okay, but I always had trouble getting the photos and music to sync properly. Yesterday I bought Fotomagico 4 because of supposed improvements in the audio capabilities, and it was a huge mistake. The program works as before, until I try to add an audio track, at which point the program pretty much freezes and I have to force quit. Installation of version 4 also required me to update my OS to 10.8.3 (mountain lion), and that has lead to functionality issues with some of my other programs. It sounds like they're going to refund my money, but I wish I could get the last day and a half back!

I guess my advice would be to download the trial version before shelling out the dough- I won't be making that mistake again! Anyway, the search continues. iPhoto comes close to giving me everything I need, but I need something that supports multiple audio tracks/crossfades. As far as I can tell, iPhoto does not have this ability.

Today I downloaded the trial version of Wondershare's Fantashow, but I'm not really a fan of the project templates they have to offer. My slideshows are just nature photos, and there's nothing really suitable among their templates. It might be a good program for wedding/event photographers though. Check it out if that's your thing- http://www.wondershare.com/photo-software/photo-slideshow-mac.html

Any other program recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 01, 2013 at 04:11 PM
niktnowy
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Best slideshow maker?

I use Photostory from Magix. Has a lot of features that others don't. Unfortunately it took me a long time to learn as it does not have best tutorials.

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Tim Feeney

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best slideshow maker?

Photostory looks like it has the features I need, but it's for PC.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:11 AM
Colton3310

[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Best slideshow maker?

Thanks. I make my wedding slideshow with Kvisoft Slideshow Maker.
How to Create your own slideshow:
http://www.kvisoft.com/tutorials/create-your-own-animated-slideshow.html

May 14, 2013 at 09:55 PM
ozminer

[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Best slideshow maker?

personaly i use AppGeeker, which can create a DVD masterpiece with photos, video and music
It works very well and also has the burning facility built in.
http://www.appgeeker.com/convert/burn-mov-to-dvd.html
Try it out and at least you will be able to see exactly what the converted files should look like.

Edited on Feb 21, 2014 at 03:57 AM · View previous versions

Jul 08, 2013 at 02:39 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Best slideshow maker?

Tim Feeney wrote:
I'm also searching high and low for something simple and intuitive for the Mac. I have been a user of Fotomagico 3, and it worked okay, but I always had trouble getting the photos and music to sync properly. Yesterday I bought Fotomagico 4 because of supposed improvements in the audio capabilities, and it was a huge mistake. The program works as before, until I try to add an audio track, at which point the program pretty much freezes and I have to force quit. Installation of version 4 also required me to update my OS to 10.8.3 (mountain
...Show more

Actually ... I think the best multi-media slideshow app for Mac OS X is Aperture 3 ... Full time line function; plenty of options for transitions including Ken Burns; multiple music, soundtrack, voice over audio files; multiple title pages, works well with video clips created by DSLR cameras ... just to name a few ... I use it exclusively for my slideshows ... it costs less than many dedicated slideshow apps ... and offers many more tools aside from slideshows.

Best bonus is, if you use Aperture as your DAM and RAW processor ... there is never any need to export countless derivative files to use in other applications because you are working directly with your RAW images ... thus reducing the time, effort and housekeeping to track all those files.

Jul 08, 2013 at 02:09 PM
victoryox

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Best slideshow maker?

I am using DVD Photo Slideshow for Mac to create photo slideshows. It can encode slideshow into MP4 or MOV movie file or burn photo slideshow to DVD discs.

Aug 08, 2013 at 08:56 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Best slideshow maker?

For the past two years, I have been using Aperture 3 for my multimedia slideshows ... there may be other apps that offer a few more bells, buzzers and whistles for slideshows ... but Aperture allows me to work directly with my RAW files ... considering the number of shows I do in the course of a year, that's tens of thousands of images I don't need to export to use in other apps ... saves a ton of time in exporting and the resulting housekeeping of those exported files ... while the feature set may not the best option when comparing it to others ... the finished product turns out quite nicely and is really only limited by your own imagination and desires ... not bad for an $80 app IMHO.

Aug 09, 2013 at 11:22 PM
tomess

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Best slideshow maker?

I think Free Slideshow Maker and Free Flash Gallery Maker are folks' best choice to create flash slideshow,thumbnail photo gallery and flash album for Web Page,Blog,Myspace,Ebay; make professional flash gallery from photos,video clips and music using transition effects,funny cliparts and rich templates..

http://free-slideshow-maker.en.softonic.com/
http://free-flash-gallery-maker.en.softonic.com/

Dec 02, 2013 at 12:36 AM
FredAz

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Best slideshow maker?

I tried tons and find Corel's VideoStudio to be the best.
I like it since it really is a video editor -- treats photos as short duration video.
Mostly I like it since I can grab a whole directory of photos at a time and lay time into a timeline with one operation...
Makes for quick work once I sort the keepers into their own folder.

Dec 02, 2013 at 01:40 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Best slideshow maker?

I'd give another shout out for Aperture 3. I'm a LR guy so I need to export to aperture but it's a very powerful slideshow maker with great control, music syncing that ACTUALLY works (unlike Fotomagico) and crisper output than anything else I've used. I rate it very highly for slideshow production.

Dec 09, 2013 at 07:33 PM
alva
[X]
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Best slideshow maker?

Giving your beautiful memories a form of slideshow is an amazing idea. Creating a slideshow is very effective and a challenging task thus you need powerful software to perform this task. Slideshow Creator is a perfect slideshow creator tool that can help you to make your slideshow look attractive. You just need to select your photos, add sound, music, use a stylish transition and your creation is ready for presentation. You can sue this software only for your personal use.

Mar 22, 2014 at 06:36 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.