Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · $2,000...What's A Good Epson Printer To Buy?

Sal Baker
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · $2,000...What's A Good Epson Printer To Buy?

howardm4 wrote:
Dunno but I'm also in Boston and my 3800 always has a cyan issue if I dont print for a while.

The 3800 was the generation before the Teflon print heads.

Sal

Mar 18, 2013 at 08:58 PM
Jack Heckaman
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · $2,000...What's A Good Epson Printer To Buy?

Sal Baker wrote:
It depends on the design of each specific model. Like most other 3880 users, my printer never clogs. It doesn't clog less, it just doesn't clog. I sometimes go months between printing sessions. I live in Boston and have no humidifier in the printer room. It's bone dry in the winter. I never pull the cartridges or agitate them. Some of the carts have been in the printer for 3 years. I rarely bother with nozzle tests as the printer never clogs. This seems common with this printer. Not so much with other Epson models. Has Epson lost the
...Show more

Probably more to do with a good seal on your capping station is all. With less than half as many nozzles and a smaller size the seal at the capping station is working well on your 3880 keeping the ink from drying. I owned a 3880 at one time and a 3800 before that and they are great printers that are only limiting in the size and type of paper you can use - roll specifically. My practices are simply proactive things I do based on feedback I have received from Epson techs and vendor personnel. If I was going to point to possible flaws it would have to be ink formulation that allows for pigments to bind together or simply a poor tolerance on the capping stations allowing air to dry out the heads.
I am currently switching over to conecolor inks on one of my 4900 to see how they stand up. Great people and great reviews on that product.

Mar 19, 2013 at 08:57 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · $2,000...What's A Good Epson Printer To Buy?

I know. I'm just whining about the clogging

Sal Baker wrote:
The 3800 was the generation before the Teflon print heads.

Sal

EDIT: has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't bothered to 'check-in' on this thread? Maybe a troll?

Mar 19, 2013 at 09:55 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.