1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · NEX-7n is coming...

mawz
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · NEX-7n is coming...

michael49 wrote:
Yea, that drove me a bit crazy on the NEX and its one of the reasons that I hated using AF lenses on it. I used almost all MF lenses when I owned my 5N.

That misfeature is a major reason why I only have one AF lens for my NEX-7 (the Zeiss 24) and in part why I bought my E-M5.

Mar 09, 2013 at 04:38 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · NEX-7n is coming...

If Sony wanted to be evil and awesome at the same time, they'd introduce an F mount version of the LA-EA1/3 adapters, preferably with full non-CPU lens support (they could even have a flippy AI tab to allow non-AI lenses)

Think about how many Nikon users would be willing to buy into NEX whole-hog if their Nikon lenses were fully coupled on NEX. It could even allow for AF-S and VR support (albeit slow AF-S, just like SAM/SSM support on the LA-EA1). It would also go over well with video shooters. And leaving the LA-EA2 and its fast AF to A mount only would protect A mount sales.

Mar 09, 2013 at 04:41 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · NEX-7n is coming...

mawz wrote:
If Sony wanted to be evil and awesome at the same time, they'd introduce an F mount version of the LA-EA1/3 adapters, preferably with full non-CPU lens support (they could even have a flippy AI tab to allow non-AI lenses)

Think about how many Nikon users would be willing to buy into NEX whole-hog if their Nikon lenses were fully coupled on NEX. It could even allow for AF-S and VR support (albeit slow AF-S, just like SAM/SSM support on the LA-EA1). It would also go over well with video shooters. And leaving the LA-EA2 and its fast AF to A
...Show more

Apparently that's DEO-Tech's new project (you know, the guys behind the Canon-NEX and Contax G-NEX adapters). I think that what would make NEX explode is having an LA-EA2 for Nikon and Canon. Now, that would be something!

Mar 09, 2013 at 05:59 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · NEX-7n is coming...

xbarcelo wrote:
Apparently that's DEO-Tech's new project (you know, the guys behind the Canon-NEX and Contax G-NEX adapters). I think that what would make NEX explode is having an LA-EA2 for Nikon and Canon. Now, that would be something!

I'd agree that having an LA-EA2 for F and/or EF mounts would be huge for NEX, but it would be a near-stake through the heart of the Alpha system. I'd rather not see that (and Sony certainly wouldn't).

Mar 09, 2013 at 08:15 AM
jmiro

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · NEX-7n is coming...

Andrew Gough wrote:
.... The 5n is even slightly better than the 6...... (with WA RF lenses)

Andrew:

In what way and with which lenses is this apparent?

Apr 11, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · NEX-7n is coming...

I am finding the NEX 6 with the Sigma 30/2.8 pretty amazing, frankly. I have the focus set to DMF, which in addition to showing exactly what's in focus, and allowing precise MF when needed, also shows the depth of the focus zone which was a completely unexpected side benefit of switching peaking on. And thanks for the 'tap the exp. comp. button to turn peaking off: excellent.

Apr 11, 2013 at 07:26 PM
kahren
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · NEX-7n is coming...

sebboh wrote:
agreed, i like the current set up except that i'd like to see framing while i'm zoomed in. also, with AF lenses let me set it up so i can manual focus without zooming in without completely disabling the zoom in feature!!!

+1
PIP like on a panasonic gf5 would be great, i really hope they add that in soon

Apr 11, 2013 at 09:43 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · NEX-7n is coming...

Kit Laughlin wrote:
I am finding the NEX 6 with the Sigma 30/2.8 pretty amazing, frankly. I have the focus set to DMF, which in addition to showing exactly what's in focus, and allowing precise MF when needed, also shows the depth of the focus zone which was a completely unexpected side benefit of switching peaking on. And thanks for the 'tap the exp. comp. button to turn peaking off: excellent.

Kit, weren't you shooting with a Fuji for a while? If so, I'd be interested in your impressions of using the Fuji vs. the Nex.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM
artd
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · NEX-7n is coming...

mawz wrote:
I'd agree that having an LA-EA2 for F and/or EF mounts would be huge for NEX, but it would be a near-stake through the heart of the Alpha system. I'd rather not see that (and Sony certainly wouldn't).

I don't know about that necessarily. Folks who are already using F and EF mounts are probably not going to be investing in Alpha mount systems. But, they may be willing to invest in a NEX body. I think it could have the potential to open up a wider customer base. But just sheer speculation

I can provide myself as an example. I use EF mount lenses and I have no interest in getting into an Alpha mount system. But I do own a NEX, and I do own a Metabones adapter so I can use my EF lenses on my NEX.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
uscmatt99
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · NEX-7n is coming...

kahren wrote:
+1
PIP like on a panasonic gf5 would be great, i really hope they add that in soon

I use a NEX-6 and Ricoh GXR. The GXR method is really nice. You can assign the left and right directions on the D-pad to just about anything as Fn1 and Fn2. Most users have one set to toggle between magnification zoomed/full (you choose the degree of mag) and the other set to focus assist on/off(peaking or high-pass filtered black and white). When you half press the shutter release, it disables peaking and magnification so you can frame in color, and re-engages them when you let go if you need to refocus. It's a much smoother system than the NEX and the high-pass focus assist is better than the peaking in my opinion. I wish Sony would take a hint, but I don't expect they will.

Apr 12, 2013 at 02:44 PM
lumis beans
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · NEX-7n is coming...

I sure hope it's soon. NEX 6, G28 and CV15 all stolen yesterday. Daddy needs a new camera.

Apr 12, 2013 at 02:54 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · NEX-7n is coming...

lumis beans wrote:
I sure hope it's soon. NEX 6, G28 and CV15 all stolen yesterday. Daddy needs a new camera.

Oh man, that s*cks!! Sorry to hear it.

Apr 12, 2013 at 04:57 PM
philber
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · NEX-7n is coming...

Sorry to read this, LB! It happened to me twice. Once with a 5D II, ZE 35 and Contax 135, and once with a NEX 5 with ZM 35 and ZM 50. It hurts! But 7n could hopefully help you get over it!

Apr 13, 2013 at 02:04 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · NEX-7n is coming...

That sucks, LB. As a friend of mine who recently lost his M9 and Summicron 28 to a set of sticky fingers (at a large family wedding, no less) said, "The only thing a thief steals that can't be replaced is whatever faith you had left in other people."

As for the new 7, I'm all for improvements, but I'm still happy with the current model. I'll have to wait and see what kind of improvements have actually been made before I get excited about it.

Apr 14, 2013 at 02:04 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.