Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Best way to trigger two Nikon TTL flashes?

revhappy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best way to trigger two Nikon TTL flashes?

I recently picked up a TTL off camera flash sync cord (Vivitar SC-28 style) to experiment with high speed sync. I like using the flash with a diffuser but hate how inconsistent CLS can be if the sensor isn't in sight because of the umbrella or soft box blocking the path.

I shot this at 1/640 @ f/1.8 with a CPL on top of the lens and the flash on manual mode at full power.

http://digitalremix.net/upload/uploads/1/D71_9874.jpg

Afterwards I wanted to do a few shots and underexpose the background but a diffused flash wasn't nearly strong enough. I have another SB800 I can use, but I'm wondering what the least expensive way would be to get them both to fire consistently, preferably wired. Thanks!

Mar 06, 2013 at 07:28 AM
BruceF99
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best way to trigger two Nikon TTL flashes?

If you want corded iTTL then http://www.flashzebra.com/ttlcords/ittlcords/index.shtml

Mar 06, 2013 at 11:56 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best way to trigger two Nikon TTL flashes?

If they're right together then a long cord plus using the corded one in commander mode to fire the other one. When they're so close together and into a modifier that will bounce that flash around some it shouldn't be a problem IMO.

brad

Mar 06, 2013 at 02:16 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best way to trigger two Nikon TTL flashes?

revhappy wrote:
...I have another SB800 I can use, but I'm wondering what the least expensive way would be to get them both to fire consistently, preferably wired.

DigMeTX wrote:
If they're right together then a long cord plus using the corded one in commander mode to fire the other one.

Yep, this is how I often do it, and it works well. In fact, I have a 24-foot ETTL cable that I can put my Master Speedlite on to get it well away from the camera, whether in a soft box or not, and still control other Speedlites.

Mar 06, 2013 at 08:54 PM
revhappy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best way to trigger two Nikon TTL flashes?

Oh awesome, just gave this a shot and it works perfectly, thanks for the help!

Mar 06, 2013 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password