Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Nikon 24 f/1.4 or 35 f/1.4?

colincarter46
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Nikon 24 f/1.4 or 35 f/1.4?

zesto wrote:
Received my Sigma 35 f/1.4 this week (the first 3rd party lens I've ever bought, apart from Zeiss) and it's absolutely one of the sharpest lenses I've ever used. I have a 200 f/2 and the Sigma is very, very close to that. Sold my Nikon about a year ago and now in in the process of selling my Zeiss 35/2.

This is an interesting review:
http://www.lenstip.com/359.1-Lens_review-Sigma_A_35_mm_f_1.4_DG_HSM.html

Colin, I would think that the Sigma sample your friend has/had has something wrong with it. I know of one person who had to return his as it wasn't up to scratch. Get hold of
...Show more

You might be right about his copy, it wasn't very good wide open and the af wasn't accurate with the d800 outer points. He has sold it and got a Nikon 35 now and couldn't be happier.

Mar 11, 2013 at 07:16 AM
colincarter46
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Nikon 24 f/1.4 or 35 f/1.4?

traylorc wrote:
If you prefer the Nikon...nothing wrong with that. I have shot with both, and overall prefer the overall performance of the Sigma. Don't get me wrong, it's not that the image rendering of the Nikon was bad. But it was not good enough for me to justify the significant price difference between the two lens. I'm fortunate to have the disposable income to spend on either one...but if I'm going to pay essentially a "premium" for the Nikon IMHO it would need to blow the Sigma out of the water. I just didn't see that.

To me this is one of
...Show more

Choice is a great thing, no right and wrong way to go as long as you are happy with your purchase that's all that matters. Plenty of pros are using both 35's and getting top quality shots.

Mar 11, 2013 at 07:24 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.