Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Phottix Odin

paregorike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Phottix Odin

Just to add to the Phottix Odin feedback, I was able to shoot with my 85 1.2 AT 1.2 with a Shutter speed of 1/8000 on ETTL on a recent shoot.

They fire. No issues.

Ron

May 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
dwdallam
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Phottix Odin

paregorike wrote:
Just to add to the Phottix Odin feedback, I was able to shoot with my 85 1.2 AT 1.2 with a Shutter speed of 1/8000 on ETTL on a recent shoot.

They fire. No issues.

Ron

I have not had any issues with the Odins shooting HSS at any shutter speed either.

May 21, 2013 at 05:28 AM
sharperstill

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Phottix Odin

Hi all,
I'm a happy user of the Odin for triggering my speedlights in interior architecture work. I find them much more reliable than the PW TT5s which often embarrassed me in front of clients.
One issue I am having though is using them to trigger older style Elinchrom monoblocs - the ones with the proprietary sync connector (Amphenol?).
I had assumed this would work when I purchased them, as I thought it would just send a dumb 'fire' signal, however it isn't working. Well, it has worked once or twice but seems to need the cables removed and the receiver powered off and on to fire again.
Have any other users been able to trigger old Elinchroms with the Odin? I'm connecting the Phottix supplied 3.5mm sync cord to one of these. http://flashzebra.com/products/0231/index.shtml
Thanks,

Jon

May 06, 2014 at 12:49 AM
timbop
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Phottix Odin

sharperstill wrote:
.... I find them much more reliable than the PW TT5s which often embarrassed me in front of clients...

I had exactly the same problem with the PW system; something the Nikon users don't have to deal with. I have never understood how PW could have developed the system for canon first and NOT realized there was an issue with the then flagship 580ex2's and 580 classics. It befuddles me that they could have been that inept, so they must have KNOWN there was a problem and shipped them anyway.

They blew it completely, and are now getting their butts handed to them. It's a real shame, because I try very hard to support american technology companies.

Jun 04, 2014 at 02:34 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Phottix Odin

I only have HSS problems with my Nissin Di866 MKII which is otherwise a great flash. The Odin does not do HSS with this flash. Otherwise all other functionality is fine with Odin and Di866. No probs with Odin and SB600.

brad

Jun 04, 2014 at 02:45 PM
scorpio1
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Phottix Odin

Can anyone tell me if the Odin trigger will allow me to control the flash power manually when using the Stratos II receivers.

Jun 05, 2014 at 04:55 PM
Hacker

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Phottix Odin

You cannot do that with the Stratos II. Sold off my Pocketwizard Flex(es) and now so happy with the Odin.

scorpio1 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Odin trigger will allow me to control the flash power manually when using the Stratos II receivers.

Jun 06, 2014 at 11:23 PM
egd5
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Phottix Odin

I may be wrong and I'm too lazy to dig mine out to try, but I'm 99% sure you CAN control the power of a remote flash on a strattos II receiver directly from the odin transmitter. Not in TTL mode, but in manual mode only.

Jun 09, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

scorpio1
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Phottix Odin

egd5 wrote:
I may be wrong and I'm too lazy to dig mine out to try, but I'm 99% sure you CAN control the power of a remote flash on a strattos II receiver directly from the odin transmitter. Not in TTL mode, but in manual mode only.

If you ever get around to testing this out, please let me know thru this thread or via PM if you don't mind.

If it's not possible then I may spring for the YN622N & TX as opposed to picking up the Odin set.

Jun 09, 2014 at 01:33 PM
egd5
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Phottix Odin

Hey, sorry to be so long to reply. I did get my stuff out and I guess Hacker is right. I could not control the power remotely from my odin tx to the strattos II receiver. Sorry to mislead you.
I still love the Phottix system though. I even bought a Mitros + flash and I love it too. I haven't used my odin transmitter since the flash has a built in transmitter in it.

Jun 13, 2014 at 02:26 AM
Waki
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Phottix Odin

I've tried Flex Mini TT1 and TT5's. Sold em.
Tried the Yongnuo YN622N and YN622N-TX. Returned em.
Just ordered the Phottix Odin's. I'm looking forward to working with them.

Jun 14, 2014 at 02:44 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Phottix Odin

Waki wrote:
I've tried Flex Mini TT1 and TT5's. Sold em.
Tried the Yongnuo YN622N and YN622N-TX. Returned em.
Just ordered the Phottix Odin's. I'm looking forward to working with them.

Can you elaborate, please, what you disliked at YN622N +TX?

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Waki
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Phottix Odin

They wouldn't work with my SB-910's. Worked fine with SB-800 and even a couple phottix Mitros units. I worked with YN support for several days and finally they said either to return them or send them everything on my dime so they could test the set up. Given they were brand new, were advertised to support the flash I was using and it wouldn't work, I returned them . I liked everything about the system - size, weight and how they worked with flash units it liked but I need something that works with everything, all the time, or close to it. In use, it was too close to the way PW worked and didn't.

Jun 14, 2014 at 07:27 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Phottix Odin

Waki wrote:
They wouldn't work with my SB-910's. Worked fine with SB-800 and even a couple phottix Mitros units. I worked with YN support for several days and finally they said either to return them or send them everything on my dime so they could test the set up. Given they were brand new, were advertised to support the flash I was using and it wouldn't work, I returned them . I liked everything about the system - size, weight and how they worked with flash units it liked but I need something that works with everything, all the time, or close
...Show more

That's very strange... I work for several months already with YN triggers... I started just with transceivers but added later the transmitter too. They work as a charm with my flashes: SB910, SB900, SB800, SB700, Nissin Di700 & Di866 MkII. I even purchased an YN568EX flash and seems to be reliable and powerful. I mostly work in manual mode but several times I used them in iTTL and I did not saw any problem.

Jun 14, 2014 at 07:49 PM
Waki
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Phottix Odin

Well, it must be strange or maybe the new firmware in my D800 changed something. I don't know. I tried a SU-800 on the 622n, it worked for everything but the SB-910. Manual mode worked fine. In iTTL I could see the flash getting info on the screen but no pre flash and no trigger of the flash. Odin is here tomorrow. We will see if it works with the Phottix system.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password