Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

dougfatheruk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

rddayton wrote:
Let me say first of all that I own the D3s. It is without question the finest camera I have ever owned or shot. Fast. Amazing color. Flawless AF system. I can't imagine how the D4 could be any better.

However, there is a caveat. Almost everything I shoot is sports. I shoot a lot of images at ISO 12,800 -- and the D3s is spectacular. However, some noise is acceptable in sports photography. I don't know that the same level of noise would be acceptable for wedding photos.

My advice? Ask yourself this question. Realistically, how often do you need
...Show more

Couldn't agree with this more and this is exactly what I did, sold the 17-55 2.8 and DX bodies, bought the D700 and then the 24-70mm 2.8, a real match made in heaven.

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:18 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

Last wedding I used a D3/D700...with those big fat pixels...everybody looked absolutely marvelous

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:26 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.3 #3 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

So glad you found a kit that is perfect for your needs. Now hurry up and post some pictures for us to Ohh and Aah over.

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:33 PM
Celbrett
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

I thought the D3S rendered much better SOOC, better battery, high iso and the shutter is rated at 300k actuations. I think it is worth it for paid gigs, even part time.

Your problem is not the extra $2k but having to get a second one for her when she sees how good it is

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kapytalyst
• • •
p.3 #5 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

diamondroad wrote:
Thank you Nikon_14....I was just about to say that. I have no desire for the D800 at all.

I've decided, I'm getting a D3s, I'll just have to wit a few extra months to save up the money. It all bioled down to this....I still LOVE photography, it's my only hobby. I don't drink (anymore) I don't smoke...photography is a healthy hobby. March 23rd will be my five year sobriety day....I'm going to treat myself and "allow" myself to spend close to $4000 as a gift.

Thanks for all your input everyone.

Steve

A hearty congrats on reaching your milestone. I hope you find a great deal on a cherry D3s!!!

Mar 06, 2013 at 07:22 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.3 #6 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

diamondroad wrote:
I've decided, I'm getting a D3s, I'll just have to wit a few extra months to save up the money. It all bioled down to this....I still LOVE photography, it's my only hobby. I don't drink (anymore) I don't smoke...photography is a healthy hobby. March 23rd will be my five year sobriety day....I'm going to treat myself and "allow" myself to spend close to $4000 as a gift.

Steve

Good for you Steve! Color me jealous! (and congrats on your five year milestone, too)

Mar 06, 2013 at 11:40 PM
BobSam

p.3 #7 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

diamondroad wrote:

Steve

photography is a healthy +1
Fun and excitement need not be justified in dollars and cents.
Enjoy your treat and keep up the good "work".

Mar 08, 2013 at 01:20 AM
brianric

p.3 #8 · Nikon D3s and Nikon D700

I'd go for D3S. Bigger buffer, dual slot, two stop (IMO) advantage.

Mar 08, 2013 at 02:58 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password