Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fog Comments please

deanm57

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fog Comments please

First time photo poster. All feed back will be appreciated. Shot with D7000 and 17-55 2.8

Thanks,

Randy

Edited on Mar 03, 2013 at 09:54 PM · View previous versions

Mar 03, 2013 at 05:30 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fog Comments please

Hi Randy,

Welcome to FM Forum! It's great to have you join us.

You have some nice foggy photos. #1 is my favorite, but I would crop off the left side a bit to lose the upper left corner where there are some clear branches in the corner. The same goes for #2, clone out the branches poking in from the upper left corner. Framing like that in #2 only really works when there is more of it to really establish the frame, not just a few branches poking into the scene. So for #3, the same goes for it, but the lower right. You have just a bit of a tombstone poking into the scene. Crop that out. As you edit your photos, check the edges for anything that might be just poking into the scene that will distract from the scene.

So #1 and #4 are my favorites from this group. Nice work overall, just watch the edges of your shots. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Jim

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:48 PM
deanm57

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fog Comments please

I see exactly what you mean. Great point to remember.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:04 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fog Comments please

JimFox wrote:
Hi Randy,

Welcome to FM Forum! It's great to have you join us.

You have some nice foggy photos. #1 is my favorite, but I would crop off the left side a bit to lose the upper left corner where there are some clear branches in the corner. The same goes for #2, clone out the branches poking in from the upper left corner. Framing like that in #2 only really works when there is more of it to really establish the frame, not just a few branches poking into the scene. So for #3, the same goes for it, but the
...Show more

+1 Ditto, I agree... Welcome.. Jim (also)

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:30 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fog Comments please

These are lovely! #1 and #4 are also my favorites, although in #1 I might be tempted to crop out some of the foreground and make it more of a panorama. #3 could use a little off the top as well, but they are are very nice!

Welcome! Can't wait to see more of your shots.

Jo

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

deanm57

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fog Comments please

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Photography is like golf, you never stop learning.
It's funny you mention that on #1, I almost did that when I was editing for upload, but at the last minute I left it alone. Wish I had I think it would have worked nicely!

Thanks again everyone!
Randy

Mar 03, 2013 at 09:44 PM
deanm57

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fog Comments please

I have edited 3 and 4 per suggestions. In cropping the barn to panorama is there a format to use, like 16x9 for HDTV, or is just to personal taste?

Keep the suggestions coming, and thanks again everyone!

Randy

Mar 03, 2013 at 09:57 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fog Comments please

I find the third image to be most compelling one here.

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:10 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fog Comments please

Welcome to FM Randy. The second is my pick as I can feel the dampness. The first has a lot of foreground, you might consider cropping some of it off.

Morris

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:23 AM
deanm57

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fog Comments please

Thanks to all that have given me comments. I do appreciate them all.

After seeing those comments I looked again and agree it looks a lot better without the foreground. I have cropped the Barn to more of a panorama look and will post it tomorrow. I wanted to leave the original and post the 2nd version for comparison.
Randy

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:27 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password