Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Overdtockdigital.com

jimger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Overdtockdigital.com

Has anyone ever dealt w/this company. They claim to have new D700's for$1900, plus several D700 kits avail. I have this question into my Nikon rep, but was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience w/them?

thx, jim

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:21 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Overdtockdigital.com

Nope, but there are numerous complaints of bait and switch at RR and other places.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/overstockdigital/page/3
http://www.yelp.com/biz/overstock-digital-washington

EBH

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:39 AM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Overdtockdigital.com

jimger wrote:
Has anyone ever dealt w/this company. They claim to have new D700's for$1900, plus several D700 kits avail. I have this question into my Nikon rep, but was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience w/them?

thx, jim

bait and switch company. stay far away from them.

also they are not a NAR dealer and sell gray market stuff

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:09 PM
jimger

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Overdtockdigital.com

OK , I am not going to deal w/them, thx for all the help. I found more info on other sites as well VERY POOR REP!!

Mar 03, 2013 at 03:19 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Overdtockdigital.com

jimger wrote:
OK , I am not going to deal w/them, thx for all the help. I found more info on other sites as well VERY POOR REP!!

It's best to stick with B&H, Adaroma, Amazon or the B&S forum here at FM.

If the price is to good to be true, then there is always a catch.

Mar 03, 2013 at 03:32 PM
Elan II
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Overdtockdigital.com

davidnholtjr wrote:

If the price is to good to be true, then there is always a catch.

I see this posted a lot. There are many good online and local dealers out there with good prices and good service. If we only spend our money at the same three places, that's all we'll have left in the end.

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Overdtockdigital.com

Canoga and Allen's come to mind. Adorama, not o much.

EBH

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:37 PM
kinconorb
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Overdtockdigital.com

davidnholtjr wrote:

True although the last few items I've purchased from B&H seem to have been used (or taken out of the box tested and sold as new).

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:22 PM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Overdtockdigital.com

Elan II wrote:
I see this posted a lot. There are many good online and local dealers out there with good prices and good service. If we only spend our money at the same three places, that's all we'll have left in the end.

Yes there are many good sellers out there, but I just posted those because they are the ones I've bought from and like.

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:43 PM
zippylock
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Overdtockdigital.com

kinconorb wrote:
True although the last few items I've purchased from B&H seem to have been used (or taken out of the box tested and sold as new).

Really? Did you call them? Did you see what the pic number was on the 1st photo you took? That have always been fantastic to work with so i have to question something like this happening and im sure they would like to hear about it, or fix it for you

another random one you can find is bestbuy. They now price match amazon and B&H (always have actually). They generally have everything in stock and it is new. I have used them to buy stuff, but i wont talk to the reps as they seem to be clueless if you have any amount of knowledge of your own, lol

Mar 04, 2013 at 03:37 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Overdtockdigital.com

Samy's, Roberts Imaging, and especially Competitive Camera in Dallas are other good examples of excellent sellers. I've bought from all of them and surely will again; while I'm perfectly happy to buy from large companies and often do so, I have a soft spot in my heart for smaller players and prefer to buy from them -- so as to keep them in business -- as long as the quality and price are both reasonable.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:18 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password