Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2013 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies
  
 
matthewh133
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies




Constructive criticism is welcomed



Mar 03, 2013 at 05:59 AM
Twisties
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Nicely done! The composition works well for me. The unique color of the glacial flour tinted water is very realistic.

Edited on Mar 03, 2013 at 07:05 AM · View previous versions



Mar 03, 2013 at 06:20 AM
rick2906
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Nice picture, lovely colors!! My brother live there in Calgary!


Mar 03, 2013 at 06:23 AM
matthewh133
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


rick2906 wrote:
Nice picture, lovely colors!! My brother live there in Calgary!

Calgary is in such a beautiful spot. So close to the Canadian Rockies, Glacier National Park, a days drive from Yellowstone/Tetons..

Pretty cool city too. They have a killer old school diner that sells the best milkshakes.. Mmmmmmm. going back in August.



Mar 03, 2013 at 06:30 AM
nikon65
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


One word: STUNNING !!!!


Mar 03, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Chaz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


No constructive criticism needed. Perfect as is! Superb composition with foreground and evergreen placement within lower left frame.

BIG wall space needed!



Mar 03, 2013 at 04:12 PM
Timmeh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Beautiful location and light Matthew! The comp works well overall, though I think three things could have improved it. The foreground evergreen is blocking the reflection of the most well lit and eye-catching peak, and the tip of the right hand tree just crosses the line of the far lake shore. Also, I think the floating wood in the lower right is a distraction. Lastly the two cloud puffs look a little hot; it may be that you used too much highlight recovery on them, and those pixels at the middle were pure white. Overall a fantastic shot though!

Tim



Mar 03, 2013 at 04:48 PM
pliukait
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Marvelous shot!

What's the old school diner's name? Don't keep it a secret!

Regards.....Pete

matthewh133 wrote:
Calgary is in such a beautiful spot. So close to the Canadian Rockies, Glacier National Park, a days drive from Yellowstone/Tetons..

Pretty cool city too. They have a killer old school diner that sells the best milkshakes.. Mmmmmmm. going back in August.




Mar 03, 2013 at 09:02 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


The photograph is a wonderful bonus, just being there would have been awesome

Cheers Ray



Mar 03, 2013 at 09:39 PM
David Leask
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Beautiful shot Matthew. This is one of my favourite locations
David



Mar 03, 2013 at 10:43 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



matthewh133
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Timmeh wrote:
Beautiful location and light Matthew! The comp works well overall, though I think three things could have improved it. The foreground evergreen is blocking the reflection of the most well lit and eye-catching peak, and the tip of the right hand tree just crosses the line of the far lake shore. Also, I think the floating wood in the lower right is a distraction. Lastly the two cloud puffs look a little hot; it may be that you used too much highlight recovery on them, and those pixels at the middle were pure white. Overall a fantastic shot though!

Tim


Thanks for your thoughts Tim. I'm going back in August this year, will keep your thoughts in mind

pliukait wrote:
Marvelous shot!

What's the old school diner's name? Don't keep it a secret!

Regards.....Pete


It's called Peter's Drive-Inn. highly recommended, especially if you want to put on a few pounds They've got like 35 flavors and you can mix up to 3 of them to design your own shake. So good!

http://www.petersdrivein.com/



Mar 04, 2013 at 06:45 AM
mike reid
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


gorgeous shot....nicely done


Mar 04, 2013 at 03:25 PM
Sunny Sra
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


beautifully done!


Mar 04, 2013 at 04:18 PM
harshaj1
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Lovely shot.
Harsha



Mar 04, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Kenneth Farver
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Nice capture, beautiful place. So glad I was able to visit there. Thanks for sharing.


Mar 04, 2013 at 05:22 PM
hazwing
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Nice shot, but is there a bit of halo/artefacts around the mountain/sky border? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?


Mar 05, 2013 at 04:10 AM
matthewh133
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


hazwing wrote:
Nice shot, but is there a bit of halo/artefacts around the mountain/sky border? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?


No you're right, just a tiny bit. I'll fix that up before getting my wall print done. Thanks



Mar 05, 2013 at 05:31 AM
Ylwstonegirl
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Beautiful shot. I was there on my honeymoon and I had such a bad cold that I didn't take a single photograph of the lake. Guess I need to go back

Kristine



Mar 06, 2013 at 04:41 PM
Hardcore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Great shot. Beautiful spot. Probably one of the better shots I have seen of Morraine Lake.


Mar 06, 2013 at 07:57 PM
gpchase
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Moraine Lake - Canadian Rockies


Beautiful place....I worked there summer of '71...there is a fantastic lodge, canoe rentals etc there.."Valley Of The Ten Peaks"...climbed a few of the slides you see there..
A pano would also of been nice...I see you were up on the moraine thumbs



Mar 06, 2013 at 08:21 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password