Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Soul Food

SThom3095

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Soul Food

Tapioka Bubble Tea after hours of yoga

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8251/8522939424_bab0bc3679_b.jpg

Mar 02, 2013 at 11:13 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Soul Food

Wish I could edit this a bit more than I can.... My photoshop is on the way...
Was able to deepen the color a bit, and I like what it did.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8242/8521847529_3a79774b58_z.jpg

Mar 02, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Soul Food

Hope you don't mind my playing a bit - using LR4: eyedropper to set WB, crop tool to align what I think might be close to vertical, increased clarity & vibrance sliders, and lastly sharpened. If you object, I'll pull the image.

Did you get Photoshop or Lightroom - each has its role but LR is much easier to learn with ton of tutorials available.

And, by all means ask question here - surely someone will have an answer.

Regards,

Bob

Mar 02, 2013 at 11:54 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Soul Food

It feels like a totally different picture... Not bad at all... Definitely cleared up the fuzziness a bit. I like the warmer tones in the original, though... One of my favorite parts about the room I shot this in was the orange and green of the couch in the background. I also kind of like the slight tilt.
I got photoshop.... I kind of dread even doing that. I know editing pictures is a part of photography, but it is the part that is the least appealing to me. I hate feeling like I'm taking a picture and changing it so much it is hardly the picture any more. Any way, I have to be able to do at least a bit of editing, and I know that.
The one thing I wish I could edit on this is that silly droplet in the top of the straw! ha.

I appreciate the comments and the edit I like all of it, except, as I said, I liked the slight tilt and the warmer glow of the green/orange in the back.

Mar 03, 2013 at 12:02 AM
SThom3095

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Soul Food

oh, and I like the border, too.

Mar 03, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Soul Food

SThom3095 wrote:
It feels like a totally different picture... Not bad at all... Definitely cleared up the fuzziness a bit. I like the warmer tones in the original, though... One of my favorite parts about the room I shot this in was the orange and green of the couch in the background. I also kind of like the slight tilt.
I got photoshop.... I kind of dread even doing that. I know editing pictures is a part of photography, but it is the part that is the least appealing to me. I hate feeling like I'm taking a picture and changing it
...Show more

Thanks,

Knowing what I do now, you did an excellent job of conveying your vision. The challenge is communicating one's vision in a way that others 'see' and know the same thing. Having no knowledge of your intent my mind saw an image in need of those adjustments. And that is a challenge for everyone.

The frame was attached by FM, an option available when uploading the image.

It is also helpful to include the Exif data so viewers know the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and focal length since they all play an essential role in the appearance of the image.

Regards,

Bob

Mar 03, 2013 at 01:02 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Soul Food

Yeah.... I keep having a problem trying to post in the Weekly Assignment board because it needs the EXIF data...
I uploaded this to flickr, and then copied the URL here. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to not get the EXIF data in it. Clue me in?

Mar 03, 2013 at 04:43 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Soul Food

SThom3095 wrote:
Yeah.... I keep having a problem trying to post in the Weekly Assignment board because it needs the EXIF data...
I uploaded this to flickr, and then copied the URL here. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to not get the EXIF data in it. Clue me in?

Never figured that out myslef - one of the reasons I don't use Flickr

Mar 03, 2013 at 08:53 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Soul Food

I tried with imgur as well.... :/

Mar 03, 2013 at 10:43 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Soul Food

I'd love some help on this - if anyone can answer.... Is it possible to use flickr to post for Weekly Assignments (post from flickr and keep the EXIF data), or do you need to use a different site? If it is possible - how, and if not, which (preferably free..) hosting site can you use to link to images while keeping the EXIF data?

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Soul Food

My suggestion, spring for a FM membership, use Fred's upload and hosting services, problem solved.

Bob

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:13 PM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Soul Food

Bob Jarman wrote:
My suggestion, spring for a FM membership, use Fred's upload and hosting services, problem solved.

Bob

I was in a similar spot and decided on buying the membership.

The community here deserves to be supported in my opinion - totally worth the cost for the advice alone (but the hassle-free hosting is nice too!).

Mar 05, 2013 at 12:27 AM
SThom3095

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Soul Food

I'll end up with one, definitely... But I'm gonna wait until I can just get the 2 year. For now, I still want to do Weekly Assignments.

Mar 05, 2013 at 04:33 AM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Soul Food

SThom3095 wrote:
I'll end up with one, definitely... But I'm gonna wait until I can just get the 2 year. For now, I still want to do Weekly Assignments.

Imgur strips metadata.

What I suggest you do is to keep linking from Flickr for the image and then add the pertinent EXIF info yourself.

If anyone wanted to verify anything they could just go and view the image on Flickr.

Mar 05, 2013 at 12:59 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Soul Food

I dunno how to do that? I linked from Flickr, and it says "EXIF data expected for image" and won't post...

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:07 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Soul Food

newestgimpedit by thom3095, on Flickr

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:32 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Soul Food

Ugh.. that edit destroyed the IQ.... Man, I need to learn how to use editing software.

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:33 PM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Soul Food

SThom3095 wrote:
I dunno how to do that? I linked from Flickr, and it says "EXIF data expected for image" and won't post...

Oh - my apologies.

I could just be entirely off-base here. :\

Mar 05, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Soul Food

SThom3095 wrote:
I got photoshop.... I kind of dread even doing that. I know editing pictures is a part of photography, but it is the part that is the least appealing to me. I hate feeling like I'm taking a picture and changing it so much it is hardly the picture any more. Any way, I have to be able to do at least a bit of editing, and I know that.

Lightroom is very intuitive and easy easy to use. 95% of things photographic (but not illustration or photoshopsy) can be done with lightroom. It's like walking into a darkroom of yesteryears but with sliders and stuff...

On the other hand, photoshop is much less intuitive and harder to grasp, but then it is a much stronger & powerful editing package...

Mar 05, 2013 at 11:11 PM
SThom3095

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Soul Food

This has taken a turn from discussing how to upload pictures for the Weekly Assignments to discussing photo editing software...
I know I need to learn photo editing, I know about the different programs... I appreciate the discussion and tips, etc. But what I would really like to know is how to upload an image in the Weekly Assignment from flickr or some similar site.
I also understand that my best option is to buy a membership here on FM, and I plan on doing so, but I cannot quite yet...
So; if someone could please tell me a site that I can upload photos to so I can successfully enter Weekly Assignments, or how to do this from flickr, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Mar 06, 2013 at 06:47 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password