Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Veteran Advice

Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Veteran Advice

Square (or any other credit-card processing capability) is useful as a way to facilitate payment. I also use Square for credit cards, and it's painless (except for the 2.75% transaction fee, which for big transactions sometimes seems worse than it probably is).

Square isn't directly related to your contract -- you still need to have a contract and a means to transmit and execute it -- but it does mean you don't have to do everything in person. And it can also mean clients who might be waiting for a paycheck might be willing to make the payment on credit. I don't like to encourage people to borrow, but I won't turn down payment if that's the way the client wishes to provide it.

You can do the payment over the phone, and assuming electronic agreements and signatures are valid and straightforward in your state (I have no reason to think they aren't valid in Washington), you can then email the agreement and have it signed either electronically or have the client print, sign, scan and email back.

The more simple ways you offer to execute the agreement and accept payment, the fewer obstacles get in your way.

Mar 03, 2013 at 10:41 PM
mgauthierphoto
• •
p.2 #2 · Veteran Advice

Nice. I'll definitely look into this.

Mar 04, 2013 at 06:20 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Veteran Advice

alohadave wrote:
Renown should have nothing to do with it, business concerns should be what drive the way you operate your business. Having a good reputation will attract clients to you (or repel them if the rep is bad), how you operate your business is what earns you profits.

The date isn't held until she pays a retainer. If someone else comes along wanting to book that date and is ready to pay, the first bride loses out for dragging her feet.

What do you mean by that? Either you accommodate her or you don't. You say that you want the gig, but that
...Show more

I agree with everything this man has said... well done.

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:45 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password