Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon Lens Combo for >1.1x Magnification

hello_scott

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Lens Combo for >1.1x Magnification

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Photron Fast Cam SA5 high speed camera to capture images of droplets of water. The camera has a Nikon mount and I need a magnification of greater than 1:1 in order to see these droplets accurately. At least 3x magnification would be needed. I previously used a Canon MP-E 65 mm macro lens on a Canon DSLR body with extension tubes, but I don't know that I can mount it to this Nikon mount on the high speed camera. Does anybody know of anything I can do specifically that would increase the magnification? A combination of extension tubes or reversal rings? Also, the focal distance must be greater than 25 mm in order to be able to safely use the camera. Any responses are appreciated!
Thanks,

Scott

Mar 02, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Vox Sciurorum
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Lens Combo for >1.1x Magnification

By focal distance do you mean working distance, space between subject and lens? A reversed lens might have that much working distance. If not, try a long macro lens, extension tube, and teleconverter (in that order, with extension tube between lens and teleconverter).

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:03 PM
klevin

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Lens Combo for >1.1x Magnification

do you have any lenses yet? You could get the distance you want and the magnification by using a bellows (or extension tubes) with a longer enlarging lens. They're not too expensive on ebay and image quality can be good.

Your biggest challenge will be depth of field versus image quality degradation due to diffraction.

Mar 06, 2013 at 10:04 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password