New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon D3100 video/Live View malfunctioning

bacilonur
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon D3100 video/Live View malfunctioning

So I just got a refurb D3100 + 18-55 VR for a helmet camera from Adorama, popped the battery and a card in, and this is how the video looks:

Indoors:

Outdoors:

Has anyone ever seen this before? I did a full settings reset and tried every mode it's got to see if it was just a setting.

The weirdest part about it is that it seems Live View and movie mode is only reading about 1/4th of the sensor, all the way to the left and in the center of the Y axis. As in, I've got it on a tripod and I'll look through the viewfinder first and then I'll flick on Live View and it'll be zoomed in to an area about 1/4 the size all the way to the left. The LV image is not zoomed in.

I'm returning it either way, just thought it was kinda weird because it still takes photos perfectly fine.

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:18 PM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon D3100 video/Live View malfunctioning

bacilonur wrote:
So I just got a refurb D3100 + 18-55 VR for a helmet camera from Adorama, popped the battery and a card in, and this is how the video looks:

Indoors:

Outdoors:

Has anyone ever seen this before? I did a full settings reset and tried every mode it's got to see if it was just a setting.

The weirdest part about it is that it seems Live View and movie mode is only reading about 1/4th of the sensor, all the way to the left and in the center of the Y axis. As in, I've got it on a tripod
...Show more

Before you do anything, did you try a different SD card?

The way the video looks to me is you have a bad card or the contacts are dirty.

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:39 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.