Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Show your favorite February shot

Deborah Kolt
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Show your favorite February shot

It was a short month, but featured loads of winter sports action. Show us your favorite photo. It doesn't have to be your "best," but the one that made you smile, whether because you caught a special moment, mastered a new skill, tried a different angle, or just because it reminds you why we do this.

Mine is one that will otherwise never see the light of day. My client's team lost, but I couldn't resist shooting the other team's celebration of winning a league championship. This rink has the cleanest glass I have ever seen in a hockey rink. According to one of the rink rats, it is probably because they break it so often! Incredibly, no glass was shattered in this celebration, even though several players not only got up on the boards, but balanced there for quite a while.

Winning is so much more fun than losing.

Mar 01, 2013 at 07:22 PM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Show your favorite February shot

This is my favorite because I hardly ever shoot Bball in landscape, and this time I just happened to try it out and I got something totally different than what I was used too. It also inspired me to us something a little bit wider, just to see what I got.

Strobist info: Einstein camera Rt, bounced off ceiling at full power, triggered via MC2 on the light and Flex on the camera.

Im not sure If I am liking using a Flex as an trigger on camera. It performers better than the Mini, but not as well as a Plus II. This gym does terrible with eating up radio signals. Im only getting about 85% flashes, and of course, the ones it misses are the photos that I really like.

NIKON D3    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    75mm    f/2.8    1/200s    1250 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:31 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Show your favorite February shot

First of all, to Deborah, thanks for keeping this tradition going. I love the idea. For me, it's a chance to post -- even though I have been very lax about posting the past month or so. Too many shoots and not enough time. These photos always provide inspiration. For those who didn't see last month's entries, go back and find the post. It's well worth your time.

I made this photo taken at my first (and only) swim meet. Indoor pool had pretty nice light. I was hired by the booster club to shoot Senior Night, and they wanted photos of all 17 seniors in action.

Quick back story....Don't even know this young lady's name, but she is one of the seniors. I wanted a different way to shoot backstroke -- so during warm-ups I climbed up onto the starting blocks. Caught this one just after she made her flip turn and just started to breach. Love the bubbles, the school name on the suit -- not to mention the really awesome color and texture of the water.

NIKON D3S    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8 lens    102mm    f/2.8    1/400s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:47 PM
sklar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Show your favorite February shot

I didn't get to shoot a lot this month (midterms suck!) along with all the other stuff I have going on right now. Here is one of the few shots I did get. It's definitely very far from my best, it barely made it off my memory card, but it's a good representation of how my month went, busy and snowy!

Mar 01, 2013 at 10:10 PM
capitalK
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Show your favorite February shot

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:08 PM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Show your favorite February shot

I haven't posted much lately so I hope these from Jan 25 are ok ;-)

These were fun favorite shots I got from the stands about 20 rows up at the Bulls game.

Noah gives Benny the Bull some sizzle during intros. (4045/6)

Boozer (4063)

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:23 PM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Show your favorite February shot

Not really sports, but sports related. This was from one of the Super Bowl parties I shot for Getty in New Orleans.

And yeah... this shot was timed perfectly. Yeah... not an accident at all.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:30 PM
John Korduner
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Show your favorite February shot

Mar 02, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Show your favorite February shot

I was pleased to capture this one.

Mar 02, 2013 at 03:10 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Show your favorite February shot

My fave...

Chris

Mar 02, 2013 at 03:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

amlsml
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Show your favorite February shot

I posted this in a hockey post, still my favorite from February. Also may be my last hockey for a while, but can't wait to go outside!

Mar 02, 2013 at 01:45 PM
hanson16
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Show your favorite February shot

My favourite from Feb !

Mar 02, 2013 at 02:36 PM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Show your favorite February shot

Some wonderful inspiration and creativity here. Keep them coming!

I once tried to shoot full length backstroke from above using a diving platform, but was foiled by an irrational fear of heights and an intense fear of dropping heavy lens and camera into the pool. Now why didn't I ever think of using the blocks?!? (Head slapping moment.) Love the look.

John, I have to ask if he made that shot? Fantastic capture.

Horizontal works beautifully for tight one-on-one action and expression. The old adage to change camera orientation for a fresh look at a subject really holds true.

Mar 02, 2013 at 05:40 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Show your favorite February shot

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:05 PM
glenn1
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Show your favorite February shot

one of mine

Mar 02, 2013 at 09:02 PM
dmwierz
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Show your favorite February shot

Russ wins based on subject matter.

Mar 02, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Tasha4
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Show your favorite February shot

Here is mine, Rodney Williams with a breakaway dunk.

Rodney Williams on breakaway dunk.

Mar 03, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Steven King
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Show your favorite February shot

Mar 03, 2013 at 12:43 AM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Show your favorite February shot

Russ,
I thought you leaned more toward the blonds after that last thread questioning your shots

Mar 04, 2013 at 04:57 AM
platbr

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Show your favorite February shot

Fast snow.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF300mm f/2.8L USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:20 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password