Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Mamiya RZ67 AE Prism Finder

kylekruchok

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Mamiya RZ67 AE Prism Finder

I didn't see many film camera threads on here, so forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I just got a Mamiya RZ67 (not a Pro II, D) and I can't seem to get the AE finder to work... Unless I'm missing something, I think I've got a bad finder.

Under normal circumstances, you should be able to look through the finder, press the shutter release half-way, and see what speed the shutter will fire at. Mine doesn't do that at all... There's one orange lamp, on the bottom - and a bit left (signifying no film, I believe) - but even when I did have film in it, I still couldn't get anything to show up - on manual exposure mode, *OR* on AE mode.

Hope there's a switch I'm missing. Thanks.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Mamiya RZ67 AE Prism Finder

It's been a while since I looked at mine, but do you have the shutter speed dial on the side of the camera body set correctly? It has to be in the right position in order for the dial on the prism to work. When I used mine back in the day, I never used the AE function because the light meter sucked so bad anyway. Just metered manually and set hard shutter speeds.

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:07 AM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #3 · Mamiya RZ67 AE Prism Finder

The AE Finders for the RZ, did tend to breakdown quite a bit. They were delicate and not the best electronics. Best bet is try new batteries or look for a used one at maybe KEH.com. Good Luck.

Mar 02, 2013 at 02:24 PM
kylekruchok

p.1 #4 · Mamiya RZ67 AE Prism Finder

Are there specific batteries for the finder? Or does it just use the power from the body?

thanks.

Mar 12, 2013 at 07:11 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #5 · Mamiya RZ67 AE Prism Finder

If I recall. Its been a while. It will use two 4LR44 batteries or one PX 28. Google Mamiya to be sure.
Allan

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password