Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

kinetic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

I'm photographing for Land Rover in April in Iceland, and want my equipment to be in top shape before I go.

I've noticed that my D800e backfocuses often, and that all my good shots are actually just accidents or when I stop down enough.

On top of that, i'm not sure if I have those edge focusing issues that everyone else does.

Regardless of all that, are there services that will calibrate / tune my D800e and even my D700 to optimum performance, maybe even with lenses and lens profiles?

Thanks so much!!

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:19 PM
lou f
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1187638

might be a good place to start. also have you read the manule on focus adjust?

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:12 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

You're shooting for Land Rover, and don't know how to fine tune your AF system, or know how to send your camera in to be C&C'd or calibrated?

Mar 01, 2013 at 01:10 PM
kinetic
• • •
p.1 #4 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

lou f wrote:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1187638

might be a good place to start. also have you read the manule on focus adjust?

Thanks for the link!

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

kinetic
• • •
p.1 #5 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

NathanHamler wrote:
You're shooting for Land Rover, and don't know how to fine tune your AF system, or know how to send your camera in to be C&C'd or calibrated?

Yeah I might be really different from you. I literally have spent zero time fiddling with any gear in my 15 some years of photography. I'm always just taking photos.

I shoot in full manual most of the time (manual focus as well), so nothing really ever had to be calibrated or tuned.

For many weddings I've shot, I either manually focus or the AF has actually been fine.

This is basically the first time I've decided to do some fine tuning.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:57 PM
vivisha
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

I'm lucky to live near a Nikon service center, before they moved from El Segundo to Beverly Hills; I took a lens and camera for service and the turn around was like 10 days. I would be more worried for the turn around time since I've heard stories where they take months. And to answer your question; yes, they will calibrate your camera/s and lens/es.

Mar 02, 2013 at 01:13 AM
RRRoger
• • •
p.1 #7 · DSLR Tune-ups (D800e/D700)

If you send to Nikon, make sure the equipment is spotless, take pictures and have a witness when you carefully pack it.
Rumors of recent poor service and claims of "impact damage" abound lately.

There are some really good third party repair shops, but verify turn around time there as well.

Mar 04, 2013 at 01:33 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password