Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · WA542 - Fire

beavens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WA542 - Fire

Hi guys/gals - going to start posting whatever WA pics I submit here in order to get better!

Please feel free to tell me what you think I did right or wrong with the exposure/composition/editing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens    35mm    f/2.8    1/2000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:06 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WA542 - Fire

Hi Jeff; I am in no way an expert when it comes to photography, but I know what I like. This image has potential.. I assume the faint image, lower right, is some form of combustible spray. From the image I am left wondering. On the attached rework I increased the clarity slider (LR4) all the way and cropped to draw attention into the flame (Rule of Thirds).. Just my interpretation. Only you know what you were striving for. Jim

Mar 01, 2013 at 01:22 PM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WA542 - Fire

Jim,

Thanks for the feedback! You can see how I burned the hairspray can in to increase it's visibility a bit. When I go back to fix this one up I should be able to address this.

I very much like how you got the particles to show more - I am looking forward to seeing how this looks with a little more resolution behind it.

I am pretty awful when it comes to abiding by rules of composition, and I'm sure that it comes back to bites me. When I did the original crop, I dug the extra negative space that it had, but now that I see your "rules" crop, I believe that it creates a much better flow to shot.

Mar 01, 2013 at 01:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WA542 - Fire

beavens wrote:
Jim,

Thanks for the feedback! You can see how I burned the hairspray can in to increase it's visibility a bit. When I go back to fix this one up I should be able to address this.

I very much like how you got the particles to show more - I am looking forward to seeing how this looks with a little more resolution behind it.

I am pretty awful when it comes to abiding by rules of composition, and I'm sure that it comes back to bites me. When I did the original crop, I dug the extra negative space that it
...Show more

As time goes on you will find "Your style". That is, the way you like your images. This might not follow the "Rules" and that is fine. They are your creations, your expressions, and subsequently a reflection of you. Some, probably more than I know, do not care for "my style". I am frequently told I am too close to HDR, or too Hyper-realistic (my term for me) But I like them and that is what matters... Keep the images coming. There are a lot of great photographer on Fm that are happy to help... Jim

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:14 PM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WA542 - Fire

Thanks for the words, Jim - they are more helpful than you know to someone still starting out.

Mind PM'ing me (or posting here if you'd prefer) your work?

Mar 01, 2013 at 03:43 PM
beavens
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · WA542 - Fire

Here is the updated image. I think it's an improvement.

Thanks for the assist, Jim!

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens    35mm    f/2.8    1/2000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:48 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password