Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · wordpress comments (plugin)

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · wordpress comments (plugin)

Can anyone recommend a commenting plugin?

I feel like I've seen something where you can choose wordpress, facebook or twitter to make a comment?

Looking for something with a clean integration, that works (!), and maybe even has some sort of spam filter (as apparently I get a lot of that).

Many thanks!

Feb 28, 2013 at 01:32 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · wordpress comments (plugin)

I use standard Wordpress comments with my RawFolio theme. Facebook Comments and Disqus are good options.

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:09 PM
mwalker973
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · wordpress comments (plugin)

Take a look at Jetpack. I has a ton of stuff built in... maybe too much, but has some options for commenting and sharing...

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jetpack/

Mar 01, 2013 at 07:57 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · wordpress comments (plugin)

Another vote for jetpack.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:01 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · wordpress comments (plugin)

Anyone care to share how the Jetpack comments work? I've tried installing it, fine, activated it (after removing my previous comment plugins) fine. But it doesn't seem to do anything at all. The configuration just takes me to the 'discussions' settings on wordpress - with none of the options I would have expected.

Help!

Jun 01, 2013 at 12:33 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · wordpress comments (plugin)

Man personally I'm tempted to do away with comments altogether because I get so much spam on my comments form. Of course I have it set so that it has to be approved but it's super annoying.

brad

Jun 01, 2013 at 04:01 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · wordpress comments (plugin)

DigMeTX wrote:
Man personally I'm tempted to do away with comments altogether because I get so much spam on my comments form. Of course I have it set so that it has to be approved but it's super annoying.

brad

You need to install a spam plugin! Seriously, this used to piss me off so much. I'd not login for 2-3 days and I'd have pages and pages of spam. This makes me wonder whether it might be best to only allow facebook comments... The genuine wordpress comments I have had are very, very rare.

EDIT: I've decided to remove wordpress comments and use facebook only for a while, just to see how it goes. TBH nobody really comments anyway, and if it's a real wordpress comment it's almost always another photographer which doesn't matter.

Jun 02, 2013 at 04:07 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · wordpress comments (plugin)

Is this just the built-in wordpress facebook comments or a plugin? I don't ever get any comments either.

brad

Jun 02, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · wordpress comments (plugin)

DigMeTX wrote:

brad

I recently set up a blog for a friend and we decided to not have a comments option.

As it turns out even with comments removed spammers can still leave comments. No where for them to be seen publicly but they appear in the comments in your admin panel and still need to be deleted.

Not sure how that happens.

Jun 03, 2013 at 03:12 AM
abadass
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · wordpress comments (plugin)

I used this for a client's website. never had a comment from a spam bot... yet (almost 2 months).

http://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-comments/

Jun 03, 2013 at 04:16 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.