Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

I was wondering what you guys think about this. I read everywhere from web marketing expert types that one of the key ways to engage potential clients is to offer up regular relevant and meaningful content. I decided that in order to do that on my blog I would start a little series for beginner photographers/people who just got a dSLR on how to make better photos. I often have clients asking me photography questions. What do you think about that strategy? Do you think it's a good idea?

Here are the first two posts:
http://bradcookphotography.net/make-better-photos-part-1/

http://bradcookphotography.net/make-better-photos-now-part-2-seize-the-focus/

What do you think?

brad

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:22 PM
gregSC
• • •
p.1 #2 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

I think it is a great idea. Share Share Share. We have a local professional who holds beginner workshops in his studio. I think it make him approchable while still offering something back to his clients. Most people will never invest the $$$ to make it to the next level.

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:10 PM
gregSC
• • •
p.1 #3 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

I think it is a great idea. Share Share Share. We have a local professional who holds beginner workshops in his studio. I think it make him approchable while still offering something back to his clients. Most people will never invest the $$$ to make it to the next level.

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:11 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

Nothing is wrong with sharing information. You are asking if this is a good idea. Tell me what are your goals. Such as better Search engine rank, start a side business as a instructor etc.

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #5 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

My main goal is to keep people coming to the site and keep my name in their minds so that when they do need some portrait work they'll think of me first. If I can also increase SEO that would be a nice side benefit.

brad

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:08 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

I think the lessons would be a good way to send people to the site if you would post on Facebook where lots could see it. Post 75% on Facebook but link the last part to force traffic to the blog and hope they click to look at the site after that. You could do classes just from the numbers interested on Facebook if you offer a sign up for future classes link.
For SEO that is not really going to do much unless you can find another person doing photography info blog and be a guest poster. Then using your G+ account
( don't tell me you don't have one ) you can link those articles to give yourself credit for it. Do this a few time and in a place as small as Waco you will be on top if you are not already.

I have seen a guy doing open forum style classes for $10.00 per head.Invites guest to speak so he really does not have to do the work himself and provides variety.Other speakers get exposure. Has about 20-30 people per class then from that sells detailed camera/photo classes for a lot more.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #7 · Engaging portrait clients with instructional posts

I am posting them on my Facebook page. In fact that's part of my stragegy - using Facebook to get these links in front of eyes and funnel them to my blog. I don't have time to be doing any kind of regular classes right now but maybe in the future. I do have a G+ account but most of my circles are other photographers. Not many other people in my life are on G+ like photographers are. I'm definitely not on top in Waco yet because I just really got this website up and this business going in earnest. There is definitely space for me though IMO because I just looked around at Waco photographers to photograph my own family and didn't see any that are all three of the following 1) technically proficient 2) have a consistent portfolio and 3) shoot in the style that I would like. I have found some with 2 out of 3 but not 3 out of 3. I think I am or can be that person to other people though I do need to build up my portfolio some more.

I was really excited this week though because for the first time someone came to my site from a search of "photographer waco, tx" (I've only had the site up for less than a month so it warrants at least a little excitement!). Turns out though that the search came from Yahoo. Somehow I already made the first 5 results on Yahoo for "photographer Waco Texas" Crazy. The one person who uses Yahoo to search was looking for a photographer.

brad

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:02 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password