Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lone Tree

ikescorpio

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lone Tree

Hi all,

Big lurker here, mainly take wedding photos to pay the bills, but my first love is always landscape photography. Here's a shot I took on a trip to Wales in the UK. I have an obsession with lone trees that stick out in the landscape and as we were taking a break at the side of the road I spotted this one in the distance so I just had to wander up.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:04 PM
EL_PIC

p.1 #2 · Lone Tree

That is one lonely tree.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:23 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Lone Tree

Nice capture Martin! Can certainly tell which direction the prevailing wind comes from here. What is the structure looking object in the distance just about at the tree trunk center to the right?
Douglas

Feb 28, 2013 at 04:57 PM
ikescorpio

p.1 #4 · Lone Tree

Thanks Douglas,

The structure was a good few miles in the distance, but from subsequently checking in google earth turns out it was a Hydro Dam

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:26 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Lone Tree

Hey Martin,

That's great to see you jump in here. Lone trees are cool, in my locale it's rare that I find them, so it's cool to see when others do. You have composed it nicely. My only suggestion is the highlights seem a bit bright. They aren't blown out I don't think, but they are close enough that there is some "glare" feeling to the shot. Pull those down a bit to give the shot a bit more richness to the tones.

Jim

Feb 28, 2013 at 06:41 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password