New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · bye for now

Lee Saxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · bye for now

Get on the forums all you want, tell people to screw off if they don't like your stuff, and let great hints slip.

Works for Jannard.

Feb 28, 2013 at 08:33 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · bye for now

Dan, hope you don't leave and if you do, hopefully you come back soon!
I understand the stupid bashing of the new M gets old fast but hopefully it will die down soon. I don't know why people get so angry when a camera maker comes out with a new model which they are dissappointed with.
Right now we are so lucky to have all these different fine cameras to choose from.
Hope you at least keep posting your 4x5 images here in the film thread! Least it has the old school version of LV, ground glass.

Feb 28, 2013 at 08:54 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · bye for now

Dan, I have really enjoyed your involvement and knowledge with M series! I know I asked you a lot of questions about 2 1/2 years ago, when the M thread first commenced with all our frustrations being shared. I fully appreciate your professional position and hopefully we will see you soon

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:04 PM
crazeazn
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · bye for now

VladiD wrote:
Farewell threads on forums are silly.

this

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:06 PM
Toothwalker
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · bye for now

wayne seltzer wrote:
I don't know why people get so angry when a camera maker comes out with a new model which they are dissappointed with.

Do you know why people get so angry when other people don't like the latest model of their favorite camera maker?

Both sides get emotional - but that is just my impression as a neutral bystander.

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:51 AM
redisburning
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · bye for now

Toothwalker wrote:
Do you know why people get so angry when other people don't like the latest model of their favorite camera maker?

Both sides get emotional - but that is just my impression as a neutral bystander.

because one of those groups is thread crapping.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:33 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · bye for now

I am willing to bet that I can open any thread about any subject whatsoever with the name Leica M in the title, and a bunch of haters will immediately attack and the thread would turn into bashing

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:40 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · bye for now

Farewell threads on forums are silly.

It might be silly to say "Farewell" ... because odds are you'll be back someday anyway.
But when you have developed a cyber-camaraderie/respect for an individual(s), the communication does offset the "Whatever happened to" speculation and can be deemed polite or classy by some.

Sure, some will simply take their ball and go home and that's okay too.
For those who haven't developed any strong sense of camaraderie/respect with fellow members ... yeah, the "Farewell" thread is real silly.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · bye for now

May the wind always be on your back and the sun always shine upon your face.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:08 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · bye for now

Leica shooter and you even work for the mass 35mm inventors, wow! a fine Oskar Barnack award to you!

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:13 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · bye for now

Maybe I haven't read all the Leica M threads, but, on those I've read, I haven't seen anywhere the level of "hatred" that Canon received for the 5D II for example. Which didn't stop the camera from becoming a huge home run for Canon. So, if I use that as a template, maybe the Leica M actually hasn't received enough abuse
From my end, I felt those saying that, after all, the M wasn't their cup of tea, were on the receiving end of the abuse, not vice versa. Like the ever courteous Boris (bobu) being called insane. But, as I said, I may have missed the hateful parts. Which doesn't mean that I actually missed anything
Because, as Wayne, says, why get wound up and emotional just because a camera is not what we wish it were?

Edited on Mar 02, 2013 at 04:36 PM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:29 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · bye for now

Philippe, that's because you're a kind spirit and are unable to see the evil in others

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:39 AM
Dutchflyer

p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · bye for now

Hope you back one day, thrice

Mar 02, 2013 at 09:50 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · bye for now

Well have you read MFT hatred threads or posts ?. There are a bunch of them . Sensor too small, well the same people that "hate" APS-C sensors now think Fuji X-E1 is the best thing after sliced bread .

Mar 02, 2013 at 04:42 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · bye for now

Wayne is a balanced individual, philippe ;-) like you and most people here frankly, n'est-ce pas? It also helps perspective if you have experience of several different brands and systems over a number of years. But nevertheless most people have their heart in the right place.

What happens is we humans all have good and bad days, and get cranky at times. The web is immediate interaction, so people don't file their emotional email message in the 'draft' folder for a day, for later review. Twitter is causing all sorts of problems as is Facebook, many 20-somethings do not realise future employers will check out their contributions to these social media.

Some people like to take pot shots at Leica due to the quality image the brand has earned over the years, envy basically. Seeing or hearing of one with a less than perfect record or some design flaw is the same as seeing a high end Benz on the side of the road with its hood (bonnet) up, driver staring at the motor..

Mar 02, 2013 at 04:45 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.