Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Seascape

Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Seascape

Windy and great clouds, kept blowing my tripod over, luckily without my camera on it .

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:35 AM
Skarkowtsky
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Seascape

Beautiful clouds, and wonderfully sculpted water. However, the foreground is a bit jarring, and detracts form an otherwise nice capture. Perhaps slight a crop of the bottom?

Effective processing.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:39 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Seascape

A few tweaks and a trim ... it looks like it was a bit chilly with the wind on the water and the barren ground, even though the sun is trying to brighten things. Not much longer though.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:21 PM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Seascape

Yes about 40 mph steady winds with gusts up to 60mph, with temperatures in the 30's. I was the only fool to be out there other than 2 or 3 runners who came by, and the person who takes care of the conservation area who stopped by to see If I was OK.
I could barely see most of the time, because my eyes kept tearing up constantly. The waves were bigger just down the coast, but I couldn't gain access, because the police had sectioned it off as too dangerous. Wish I could have gotten out in the middle of the storm, but there was little sun then anyways, but I'll bet the waves were bigger.

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:23 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Seascape

Not sure what Kent did besides the framing, but the image is improved in presentation and processing.
To me this is an effectively captured, exposed scene that documents a location well, but offers little compelling interest other than the associations it might evoke for you or others with some personal connection or additional context.
If I had taken this one I would view it as practicing my technique and processing skills, but otherwise not a keeper composition/subject.
Scott

Mar 02, 2013 at 12:45 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password