Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Trying to find an "AI-S" version but can only find the "AI" version. Want to see image samples before purchasing...Have read and was told the "AI" version is not as good optically....Thanks in advance

Feb 28, 2013 at 02:49 AM
huddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

http://flickriver.com/lenses/nikon/28mmf28ai/

I suggest that you keep searching patiently. The 28/2.8 AI-S is one of the jewel's in Nikon's history of lenses for a number of reasons that I presume you are aware of. The 28/2 is worth looking at too though depending on your budget.

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:12 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

I owned it at one time and like the dummy I am .....I sold it

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:19 AM
penghai
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

There are 2 different Nikon 28mm f2.8 AIS lenses. The great one is the one with a MFD of 0.2m. (the other one is 0.3m)

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Did not know that

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:44 AM
Keith B.
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

penghai wrote:
There are 2 different Nikon 28mm f2.8 AIS lenses. The great one is the one with a MFD of 0.2m. (the other one is 0.3m)

Wrong
The K/Ai is non-floating element, .3m CF, offered from '74-'81.
The AiS was made from '81-present and focuses to .2m with floating elements.
The AiS is super-duper in the close focus range, good otherwise. The older Ai was good stopped down--maybe better than the AiS if you're into f/16 shots.

Feb 28, 2013 at 05:29 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

I am more interested in shots around 2.8- f4 That seems to be where I shot the most

Feb 28, 2013 at 07:05 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

penghai wrote:

Actually, the lens with an MFD of 0.3 is not an AI-s lens, it is an AI lens. The later version has a floating element that qualifies it for Close Range Correction. As Alan noted, that is definitely the lens to own. It is a marvelous lens and well worth holding out for.

Amazingly, there is a copy of the AI-s available on E-Bay for the ridiculously low price of $149 with a six month warranty. You might want to check it out... it won't last long at that price.

Nikon 28 f/2.8 AI-s

Feb 28, 2013 at 08:12 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

i miss my 28mm 2.8 ais

_DSC6960 sullen 2 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

Feb 28, 2013 at 08:22 AM
sandycrane
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Motorcycle show.

Nikon 28/2.8 AIs D700

Feb 28, 2013 at 01:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Thanks, but I am looking for files rendered from th "ai" version.....

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:19 PM
raboof
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

28mm f2.8 AI

Some more here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/929565/337#9806777

Feb 28, 2013 at 03:30 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

The AI-s lens is gone... I knew it wouldn't last long at that price. I hope someone on FM picked it up. Considering that KEH is charging well over two hundred dollars for AI copies of the lens, at $149 the AI-s was a steal...

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:09 PM
Jammyn
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Curtis:

Someone on FM did

Thanks for the link ---- I shall have the lens by March 5th.

Jammyn

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:15 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

s....t! I did not notice.the
link.....oh well

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Sorry Michael... I saw this thread but not your WTB or I'd have posted in both places. I've bought perhaps fifty lenses over the last decade for myself and for others and I'd say 80% of those I bought on E-Bay. FM is a great place to buy and sell, but when shopping for MF gear it can be hit or miss. KEH is always available and offers both excellent service and a warranty but their prices tend to be near the top of the market. E-Bay is a fine place to shop and when I'm in the market I diligently peruse their listings. Sometimes lenses are mis-identified so I rely on photosynthesis website to verify serial numbers and specifications. I also use a snipe service so the bidding part is quite easy to accomplish. They're out there and with patience you might even get a good deal, though honestly, I'd be surprised if you found one for less than $200.

And Jammyn, congratulations. Glad someone on FM picked it up. Now you need to mount it on the D700, take a few photos and join us on the Manual Focus Nikon Glass thread where we celebrate these wonderful classic lenses. We're having a great time.

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

CGrindahl wrote:
Sorry Michael... I saw this thread but not your WTB or I'd have posted in both places. I've bought perhaps fifty lenses over the last decade for myself and for others and I'd say 80% of those I bought on E-Bay. FM is a great place to buy and sell, but when shopping for MF gear it can be hit or miss. KEH is always available and offers both excellent service and a warranty but their prices tend to be near the top of the market. E-Bay is a fine place to shop and when I'm in the market I
...Show more

I skimmed over the post and figured it was a link to pics and I would look at it when I got home. As I stated above I owned it previously and foolishly sold it. I also stalk ebay for this lens and will keep my eyes open for another one....patience..

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Jammyn
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

CGrindahl wrote:
And Jammyn, congratulations. Glad someone on FM picked it up. Now you need to mount it on the D700, take a few photos and join us on the Manual Focus Nikon Glass thread where we celebrate these wonderful classic lenses. We're having a great time.

I have made a few visits to the MF threads ---talented and friendly group of photographers there, and even bought a great lens from Reagan, who mentioned that he had a sharp copy of the 28mm that he planned to keep. I kept it on my wanted list, and was pleasantly surprised that the lens was still available when I visited Ebay. My kit building is now complete, for now

I will definitely post a few images from the 28mm when it arrives.

Jammyn

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:44 AM
zesto
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Michaelparris wrote:
Trying to find an "AI-S" version but can only find the "AI" version. Want to see image samples before purchasing...Have read and was told the "AI" version is not as good optically....Thanks in advance

I have a pristine and very sharp copy of the 28 f/2.8 AI-s lens complete with hood and leather Nikon lens case. I have been considering selling it as I never use it these days.The AI-s version has a different optical formula to the AI. I may be convinced to sell it but definitely not for $200. Actually, I think I may sell it locally as I'd probably get more for it. I live in New Zealand and have an unblemished record on ebay and have PayPal. PM me with your very best offer if interested. Thanks, Matt.

Edited on Mar 01, 2013 at 12:54 AM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Looking for 28 2.8 AI image samples

Sent you a PM Matt

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:51 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register