Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Automatic image insertion CS5

reggie747
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Automatic image insertion CS5

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a guru in here who may be able to tell me if what I want to do is possible or not.

I have a photo order forms saved as a jpeg stating quantities required, tick boxes etc.

I've left a space in the top left corner of the form to insert a small say passport sized sample image for the persons perusal.

Last year I manually inserted around 500 images to a copy of each of the forms and re-saved each one and sent it to my print shop for 500 individual order form copies to hand out.

Time consuming would probably best describe making that happen......

I'm wondering, by way of an action or script, would it be possible to have CS5 do this for me automatically thus saving me a great deal of time.

I have all the sequentially numbered images in a folder and I'd like to point the action/script at it and basically say " go get 'em Floyd"

I want them re-saved in that or another folder all pressed and ironed !!

Do you think I'm asking too much or is it a relative piece of cake ??

All help is much appreciated

Regards

Reggie

Feb 27, 2013 at 06:54 PM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Automatic image insertion CS5

While I can see absolutely no point in what you are doing and find the whole idea to be idiotic; yes there are ways of doing it automatically. You would be better with the forms in a program like Microsoft Word, there the process of adding the images (or specific data items) would be called a mail merge. In Photoshop the process is called a data merge, but is often also referred to as a mail merge:

Just Google: mail merge Photoshop

Brian A

Feb 28, 2013 at 02:40 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password