New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Aperture and Nikon Raw files

RedOak

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aperture and Nikon Raw files

I've been shooting Canon for the past few years and never had this problem.
However, during a vacation last month, i went for a day's shoot with a friend who worked with nikon all his life (journalist). So i borrowed one of his D3 for the day.

Now back home, Aperture (up to date) doesn't seem to see the files on my cards.

Am i missing something?

Running Mac MountainLion Up to date.

Feb 26, 2013 at 08:35 PM
shakes

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aperture and Nikon Raw files

Are you sure the correct file extension is selected in the "open file" window? Can you have it search for all files on the cards?

Mar 01, 2013 at 08:54 AM
went
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aperture and Nikon Raw files

I had this problem last night running D600 with 64GB card raw & 32GB card hi res JPG concurrently, no problem with the card reader & JPG's but wouldn't read the raw files on the 64GB card,

Solution ran the raw files on a usb3 card reader through my MBP 17" worked like a dream on Aperture

Mar 10, 2013 at 07:46 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aperture and Nikon Raw files

My aperture could not read my D3200 and D600 RAW files before. I used the old Nikon Transfer software to download the RAW files from the camera. It turns out that the old Nikon Transfer software corrupted the files. After I installed the latest Nikon transfer software from Nikon, everything is fine.

However, D3 is pretty old camera. You should be able to open it. May be if you download the RAW files using Nikon Transfer software, it will work. It's free and downloadable from Nikon website.

Mar 10, 2013 at 07:56 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.