Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

Canon's at $2799 (before huge taxes) for the 5d3 refurb. Tsk...makes me wish I lived in Oregon (no sales tax).

Feb 26, 2013 at 03:16 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

Uhh well, ummm, OK, I guess...

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:11 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

didn't you just switch from Canon to Nikon? D800 or whatever? you must've clicked the wrong forum. Nikon section is one row below.

Feb 26, 2013 at 05:48 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

I never "switched," I kept all my canon stuff and bought a D800 and two lenses to see if I liked Nikon better. I would never have jumped ship without testing first.

Feb 26, 2013 at 06:53 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

did you like it better?

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

I got mine refurbished cfrom Canon for 2399.00 on New years Eve.

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:12 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

I liked the sensor a lot better. I like those little arrows leading to the dot that confirms focus. I like the AF tracking system better. I like the fact that the af points light up independently (something I hear is a problem with the 5d3). I like that it writes to SD very fast and has a dual card setup. I like that it has a very usable and functional auto ISO with exposure compensation. I also like the DK-17M eyepiece magnifier.

But I did not like the focus speed of the 35g, or the problems focusing on backlit subjects, or the absence of an excellent 50mm lens in the lineup, or the very sluggish live view shutter blackout and overall responsiveness, or the longest inexpensive telephoto being the 300 f/4...or the bokeh of the 85 f/1.8...or the really bad Nikon customer support that I keep hearing new cases of.

So the things that have swayed me back toward Canon are the reported autofocus reliability (of 5d3) and personally-experienced focus speed (35l), the availability of very good 50mm and inexpensive good 400mm lenses, the live view functionality, and the very good customer service I have received from Canon for years.

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:23 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

Form, if you are after a refurb anyway, if you have a beater/dead canon body of any kind/year/make/model, you can trade it in via the Canon Loyalty Program and get 20% off the refurb price...I'll let you do the math...Google CLP and get their number, might be worth the effort if they'll still honor their usual discount on such a new body.

Jerry

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

I thought that was discontinued a long time ago.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

(866)-443-8002

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

Form, no camera body gives you 100% AF in shalows dof or backlit condition. Even billion dollars hubble telescope hiccups sometime. You need focusing screen to taylor your needs when your cam hits its AF limitation. If 1Ds2 and D800 AF can't help you...then no other cam can.

There is zillion way how light projects onto AF sensor(s) from a specific lens and we all know there is not enough QA AF test to cover all of these scenarios. Jump back and forth between canon-nikon system won't help you much here.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM
smmokan16
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

StillFingerz wrote:
Form, if you are after a refurb anyway, if you have a beater/dead canon body of any kind/year/make/model, you can trade it in via the Canon Loyalty Program and get 20% off the refurb price...I'll let you do the math...Google CLP and get their number, might be worth the effort if they'll still honor their usual discount on such a new body.

Jerry

Since the CLP doesn't give the 20% discount on the 5DII, I can't imagine they're giving any kind of discount off the standard refurbished price of the 5DIII. Not anytime soon, anyways.

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

smmokan16 wrote:
Since the CLP doesn't give the 20% discount on the 5DII, I can't imagine they're giving any kind of discount off the standard refurbished price of the 5DIII. Not anytime soon, anyways.

It was just a suggestion, the program is still active, the Canon store has refurb bodies and lenses at 20% until the 28th, the 5D2 was at 1750 n change, it's now 1407, the only body not showing that discount is the 5D3...can't hurt to call n ask...why shoot it down if you haven't called...guess you know best tho....I was just trying to help.

Feb 27, 2013 at 01:33 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 5d3 almost at buying price for me (refurb)...

Just called the CLP, they do discount the 5D3, pricing is $2519.21, the 5D2 is $1407.47, buy a lens and get 20% on it, the 24-105L is $643.44. You get a refurb, 90-day warranty, shipping is free, you will pay taxes on the purchase.

Feb 27, 2013 at 02:21 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.